NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Platty

cranes and building works

ok so who knows anything about cranes ?

for about 2 years now i have watched a building being ermm built on the way to work right by Waterloo East station....

nothing wrong there you think but but, its quite a tall building so they used a crane to help them build....still nothing unusual.....

but now what i find really strange is they have built around the crane and the building now looks almost finished, windows are in and everything and yet right through the middle of the building is this big orange crane with its head poking out the top....

so i was wondering will they before its complete (even tho it almost is) take the crane out, and God himself only knows how they would do it as surely its stuck in there? the only way to get it out would be to get another crane i guess or something i dunno....

or will this big orange crane now become part of the building and be some sort of centre structure....The mind boggles trying to figure it out at 6:30 in the morning.

who knows eh ?

that sounds hilarious. You can imagine a worker trying to explain that to the boss when the building is finished. I guess they will take the crane apart?

yeah i thought that they would take it apart but how?? the buildings main structure is done with many floors so how would they take it apart and also get it out of the building? it so strange, i know one day ill go past and it wont be there and ill be so gutted that i didnt find out what happened to the crane.

My guess is they'll take it to bits from the top downwards.

Edit: Why don't you just stop and ask one morning?

yeah i could do that bowser but you see the train is high up on a bridge as it goes past the building and then into waterloo east station, its a little walk in the wrong direction....and ill be late for work.

The firm that's doing the building/supplied the crane hasn't got an advertising banner on the side or anything has it?

With the company name you could maybe send them an email.

Edit: I know next to nothing about London, so this may very well not be the place to ask... http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/ might someone there know? (I'm sure they'll be a forum for the area you're after if that's the wrong one).

Perhaps a giant eagle will pull it out using a long bit of wire attached to the crane. Probably not but i dont see many other ideas.

Perhaps a giant eagle will pull it out using a long bit of wire attached to the crane. Probably not but i dont see many other ideas.

You mean the Eagles from LoTR are real?! Do they attack the men of mordor too?

gwaihir.jpg

Indeed they are real, as far as i know they dont attack the men of mordor, but only save old wizards from the top of rather tall structures.

The firm that's doing the building/supplied the crane hasn't got an advertising banner on the side or anything has it?

With the company name you could maybe send them an email.

Edit: I know next to nothing about London, so this may very well not be the place to ask... http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/ might someone there know? (I'm sure they'll be a forum for the area you're after if that's the wrong one).

thank you bowser

Sign in to follow this