N-Europe

Setting up DVD Recorder

CooInTheZoo

Okay, bit of a nobby thread I know, but i'm stumped. Got a DVD Recorder, go to set it up. Scart cable goes in to TV and into back of machine. Looking forwards to recording some Sky Movies and shit, but when i go to tune the Recorder's channels in it wont pick up any, what am I doing wrong??

And yes i've tried

Tv --> Sky --> DVD

and TV --> DVD -->Sky

and also TV -->Sky TV --->DVD with scart cables, any method i try it just wont pick up anything, help would be appreciated cheers

Providing all the various inputs are in the correct place , you may need to go into the settings , to allow your digibox to be recognised as an input device.

Without knowing the make/model of the Recorder it is kind of hard to tell where to look , but that kind of stuff is usually hidden under the 'connections' setting.

It could be the DVD player needs to be told its recording source.

The one I bought my parents has Tuner (aerial), AV1, AV2, Front AV by repeatedly pressing the 'source' or input button.

Dependant on which input you plugged the sky box to you will need to select that as the source.

There may be some copy protection involved that would stop you from recording from your Sky box? Can you tune in normal tv channels by plugging the aerial into the dvd recorder? That may be all that you can do.

Do a google search on sky boxes and macrovision to see if that throws anything up.