NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Wii Region Free Modchip

if u have a modchip it can brick you system if u use a forign game that has a forign update. you can always fix this though by just simply waiting for the next pal update and it would just overwrite the last one.

and another thing, on that datel drive doctor where is that usb cable going and whats the point of it. (i didnt bother reading it, the fonts too small and im using a small laptop)

if u have a modchip it can brick you system if u use a forign game that has a forign update. you can always fix this though by just simply waiting for the next pal update and it would just overwrite the last one.

As long as it's a system update and not a disc-drive update.

Because if it's a disc-drive update it won't read the PAL Disc anymore and therefore there won't be any update.

But one can always use the Wii as a brick then :D

and another thing, on that datel drive doctor where is that usb cable going and whats the point of it. (i didnt bother reading it, the fonts too small and im using a small laptop)

TO update the chip.

They say you can rip info from the disk while playing and use cheats but trust me that wont be possible.

It's not that bad really, there's only a handful of games that do it, and you can check which they are on the Internet. Just don't try those games on your modded Wii until you can download a PAL version.

It's not that bad really, there's only a handful of games that do it, and you can check which they are on the Internet. Just don't try those games on your modded Wii until you can download a PAL version.

What you mean is, dont import those games just wait for a pal version to buy. :P

As long as it's a system update and not a disc-drive update.

Because if it's a disc-drive update it won't read the PAL Disc anymore and therefore there won't be any update.

Knacking your Wii with a US system update doesn't stop you from reading PAL discs. It just screws things up because the new firmware tries to read from a folder which is in on the American Wii and not the UK Wii.

Knacking your Wii with a US system update doesn't stop you from reading PAL discs. It just screws things up because the new firmware tries to read from a folder which is in on the American Wii and not the UK Wii.

Yes, but that's for system updates I think. I was talking about disc-drive updates.

A pal Wii won't accept any PAL games anymore if updated by an NTSC game so you can't unbrick it because it will only read NTSC games.

Besides some clever programmers already created little tools that for instance disable the update in Super Paper Mario.

Yes, but that's for system updates I think. I was talking about disc-drive updates.

A pal Wii won't accept any PAL games anymore if updated by an NTSC game so you can't unbrick it because it will only read NTSC games.

Besides some clever programmers already created little tools that for instance disable the update in Super Paper Mario.

Thats not true.

Thats not true.

Ok then my bad.

I read it on another forum this way but then they were wrong as well or I misunderstood it.

Does this mean as long as you get a update for the PAL Wii you can always unbrick it?

I heard that sometimes you can't move on the main menu anymore - will it still work then?

like i said before, just wait for the next official pal wii update, download it, and your wii should be unbricked

You seem to be a bit confused. All of the updates are system updates. Using Paper Mario on an un-updated Wii won't enable it to read NTSC discs.

I've never modded a console before, and I'm rapidly being put off doing to my Wii (when I get one).

I've never modded a console before, and I'm rapidly being put off doing to my Wii (when I get one).

Unless you can soilder you couldnt anyway.

Sign in to follow this