NEurope
darksnowman

The Lost Room

Last Wednesday I went to watch this on TV, I actually thought it was some film but as it turned out, its a three part thing.

The jist of it is that there are all these items in the world, just every day type things, and they have these powers. Like a comb that can freeze time, for example. Basically this police man, Joe, obtains the key. A motel key that opens any door with a lock into this motel room, then you can exit it to anywhere you want. His daughter went in the room, but some bad guy closed the door on it before Joe could get in (with the key in hand) and consequently, she's gone. Where? No one knows that and the rest of it is this guy Joe running everywhere, meeting dodgy characters with other items and trying to find some way to get his girl back.

61778.JPG

I thought it was a three part thing, concluding next week, but I could be wrong...? Cos in the TV mag for February, it makes it sounds like it concludes with a sixth episode? Whereas on TV it says next week is the finale - dilemma!

I started watchin it last week, i loved it, and really enjoying it.

Sky are showing two eps a week which is why next week is the final.

I only found out last night about that too, i thought it was gonna be a full lenght series. Oh, well at least it means all answers "should" be unvealed next week, i can't wait

Sounds pretty interesting, my kind of thing - but for some reason I never heard of it o_o is it a low budget one-off thing?

Sounds pretty interesting, my kind of thing - but for some reason I never heard of it o_o is it a low budget one-off thing?

it's not low budget (lest it doesn't look it anyway) and its one of those shows that keeps you guessing feeding you a little bit of info at a time.

Not sure if it is a one of thing though, guess we'll find out next week after the final epsiode, see if there's any loose ends left.

I have a feeling there might be more, cuz in what we've seen so far, i don't think its anywhere near finding all the "objects"

I just watched the conclusion of this. I definitely think they left the door open (heheh) for a series. It was worth the three extended episode for sure, and there are things that can further be developed and others that havent yet been resolved.

I mean, if it was finished then surely they would have told us what happened to Rube (or whatever) the prophet. And Joe is now one of the objects? We needa see his new adventures and how he gets his criminal charges cleared up.

Anyone else see it...? :smile:

Yeah i saw the ending yesterday (couldn't watch it Wednesday due to the football), i think the certainly left it open, for all the reasons darksnowman mentioned above and also because we still actually don't know how the objects were created.

They gotta make a full series even if its just one season i'll be happy so long as all doors get closed, pardon my pun

Mokong, looks like we were the only ones that got drawn into this. Its was definitely worth the three week ride, wasnt it?

You're right, we didnt find out for sure where all the objects came from - we were just presented with what theories all the characters had come up with. They could have come from anywhere. I dont believe the way they say they're part of God and all, but it would be interesting to see what happened if they got all the items together and in room ten.

Interestingly, do you think thats the only way to maybe rid the world of them? The objects seem to be a scourge to whoever has them. Except, when one is destroyed another is created somewhere. Its an interesting thing they have going on, one full series would be pretty good just to give us a fuller feel for everything and maybe see the objects get a true ending. More than one series might just be stretching it too much... unless they would have more plotlines to introduce...

We got drawn into it too. We watched the first episode at a friend's house and got hooked. It's a shame there aren't more of these types of programmes and less dial-a-quiz-show ones.