NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Battlestar Galactica. *SPOILARZ!*

so..uhh..yeah! it's back! it's ace! Baltar got smacked in the face! he still has a beard! lets talk about how awesome it all is! yaaaay!

I haven't seen the latest episode yet but BSG is generally very awesome.

We should have a thread to talk about it in general. *hints at an official thread*

Some of my friends think that BSG declined in quality over the last three years but I actually think it got better because they focus on the characters a lot more and bring more depth to the cylon culture and there are so many unexpected things happening all the time.

I agree - although they couldn't pull off anything like the cold mechanical dread of '33' anymore, I'd say the expansion of the Cylon's as more than machines has been a good thing. The whole concept of the show has been cranked up since the third series started.

having seen up to the midseason cliffhanger of season 3, I think the problem is that there are runs of brilliant episodes, interspersed by fillers which don't lead to anything and drag the show down. I wish they actually did shorter seasons of 10-12 eps so everything would advance the main story arc, with no need for fillers...

I don't actually mind the 'filler' episodes, as the characters are good enough to warrant time to themselves. Besides, you can't always have stuff as good as Pegasus or something. The budget for that little section must have been epic.

Ooh, that was a good one.

So er...

Starbuck is one of the remaining five then? I can't think of any other explanations for the painting...

by that logic, so is the president, and neither have shown signs of Cylon projection ala Baltar.

I have no idea where they're going with this. But I have heard rumours that the actress who plays Starbuck wants to leave

:(

Another good one.

I nearly screamed when Baltar hung himself and awoke in the weird Cylon jelly pool thing they have.

Yeah me too. I thought to myself: if he ever dies (executed? it's likely) then that's what will happen.

What's your thoughts on Gator then? he obviously did something on New Caprica , but what? Hope it's good :)

What a little bitch he is! I can understand why Baltar did the things he did, but what's Felix's exuse?

Ooh, I bet he's one of the final 5!

So I was thinking about buying the Season 1 boxset of this, after going through Firefly I'm on a bit of a sci-fi kick.

Somebody convince me.

So I was thinking about buying the Season 1 boxset of this, after going through Firefly I'm on a bit of a sci-fi kick.

Somebody convince me.

I was just discussing the similarities between this and 24 with someone on MSN last the other night, actually.

It’s definitely aimed at the same sort of audience, quite a few references to current events and such. It also has the same kind of story structure, every episode ends on a cliff-hanger (pretty much) and is all part of one giant story arc. The characters are interesting to say the least (especially Adama) and they are certainly what keeps the show going. Not to mention the fantastic action sequences.

I can't really describe how awesome it is using coherent sentences, just buy it! (And make you sure you see the mini series before you watch season 1, I’m not sure if it comes with the season 1 DVD in the UK)

What a little bitch he is! I can understand why Baltar did the things he did, but what's Felix's exuse?

Ooh, I bet he's one of the final 5!

This seems quite likely actually. D'Anna saw one and said she wouldn't had been so hard on him (or something like that). Now the Cylons didn't really have contact to many people but certainly to Gaeta.

The question however then is why he helped the humans.

I also wonder what Baltar knows about him. After all what is he to blame for? He helped the Resistance and he was only the secretary.

I was also wondering what we could expect of the 13th tribe. All the visions had something to do with the Cylons actually. So could the Cylons be the 13th tribe.

What confuses me even more is, that the visions concern they Cylons when they actually don't believe in the religion that leads them to the places.

No new episodes until the 11th. This angers me.

Wouldn't it be great if they got to Earth and it was the 1980's like in the original Battlestar?

:D

Good news: Season 4 is confirmed, also a very little spoiler about the last episodes of the 3rd season:

One of the main characters will be exposed as a Cylon

source: Treknews.de

Season 4 is confirmed but it's going to have half the amount of episodes. Which is pretty much confirmation that there won't be a 5th season.

At least with less episodes there will be less filler I guess.

it's about time they bought it to an end anyway. they've set up a finite story, and need to stick to it.

Sign in to follow this