NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cookyman

Emergency Mayhem

Some of these companies will follow the road of Acclaim Entertainment soon...

Record number of defunct companies will follow. Wii owners will punish mediocrity and savour the good (hopefully).

Some of these companies will follow the road of Acclaim Entertainment soon...

Record number of defunct companies will follow. Wii owners will punish mediocrity and savour the good (hopefully).

Acclaim were big supporters for the N64 so don't be too ready to dish out criticisms, they came through with some big titles that kept the console afloat inbetween Nintendo and Rare games. Their demise was in part due to their games not doing as well as they'd banked on (as well as some terrible mis-management in their later years of course) on the 64.

Codemasters and others won't go out of business just because they port average games to the Wii. They still have bigger franchises on other formats that will bring n the bucks. Seeing average titles sell well doesn't necessarily mean they will continue to port more - it actually means they are more likely to take a chance on the console. As I said before, Third-parties have been stung on Nintendo consoles in the past so it'll take quite a few high-selling 'average' titles before they take Wii seriously and bring original games out for it.

And as for the 'wii owners will punish mediocrity and savour the good' comment, sorry, but look at the cube for a good indication: Viewtiful Joe, Monkey Ball, PN 03, Killer 7, Billy Hatcher. All better-than-average titles, all with worse-than-expected sales.

Can you really blame companies for not bringing original titles out on Nintendo hardware?

btw. not picking on your post, just making a point! :kiss:

To be honest nobody likes Colin McRae anymore, and TOCA will get owned my GT5 and Forza 2.

Codemasters are fucked.

Kind-of-a-huge-signaturE, Nintendork. Get that out of the way, please.

And yes, good pointing out: good games doon't necesarely make good sales, but good sales make rich companies. So it's a safer bet to port than to develop exclusivly.

I'm glad that shit, and Micro Machines DS bombed. if it is even out yet.

wether you liked them or not they have some very good games on other platforms.micromachines v4 is a very good game on ps2

Acclaim were big supporters for the N64 so don't be too ready to dish out criticisms, they came through with some big titles that kept the console afloat inbetween Nintendo and Rare games. Their demise was in part due to their games not doing as well as they'd banked on (as well as some terrible mis-management in their later years of course) on the 64.

Codemasters and others won't go out of business just because they port average games to the Wii. They still have bigger franchises on other formats that will bring n the bucks. Seeing average titles sell well doesn't necessarily mean they will continue to port more - it actually means they are more likely to take a chance on the console. As I said before, Third-parties have been stung on Nintendo consoles in the past so it'll take quite a few high-selling 'average' titles before they take Wii seriously and bring original games out for it.

And as for the 'wii owners will punish mediocrity and savour the good' comment, sorry, but look at the cube for a good indication: Viewtiful Joe, Monkey Ball, PN 03, Killer 7, Billy Hatcher. All better-than-average titles, all with worse-than-expected sales.

Can you really blame companies for not bringing original titles out on Nintendo hardware?

btw. not picking on your post, just making a point! :kiss:

ok im saying this now.Acclaim were absolutely shit.very few qualty games and they just got worse and worse as years went on.Turok evolution=ha

ok im saying this now.Acclaim were absolutely shit.very few qualty games and they just got worse and worse as years went on.Turok evolution=ha

A lot of people, myself included, thoroughly enjoyed titles like Turok, Revolt, Shadowman and Forsaken. They certainly did the N64 proud, at least in its first few years. But yeah, by the beginning of the Cube era their output was terrible.

I am very chilled.

Codemasters would go apeshit if someone copied the Micro Machines formula.. what makes it okay for them to take a Crazy Taxi formula and merge it with some GTA mini games?

It's a stolen idea, which will be a shitty port.. and I don't want these kind of games to thrive on my Wii.

People who support this are basically saying to developpers I want shit games on Wii. Please give us the sloppy seconds.

See UbiTrash.

You are 100% right here IMO. We're going to keep getting piles of these PS2 and PSP ports because the system is barely anymore powerful than it, with some motion control shoved into it somehow.

We're going to keep getting piles of these PS2 and PSP ports because the system is barely anymore powerful than it, with some motion control shoved into it somehow.

Well, by that reckoning, the power of the Wii's hardware is irrelevant. If the Wii was a much more powerful console and more comparable with other next-gen systems in terms of performance, you would have piles of Xbox 360 and PS3 ports instead.

nevertheless i hate crazy taxi and the clones are worse.This is more or less garanteed to be crap without even hearing anything.Well i have no proof just a feeling again

Nintendos damaged reputation, attempted repair courtesy of experimentation mediocre games. Greater sale will equal more inventive games. My stance for a while now, I've mentioned this on a number of occasions...[/i]

Bolded games are average games nothing special about those and persides, other than Monkey Ball, Viewtiful Joe was released later in the consoles life where damage was beyond repair with GC, of course it was going to fail on that system. Take note of the word hopefully. Its what would be ideal, but if the two could coexist and for their to be a greater ratio of good games as opposed to mediocre games but retaining some for people that actually like those games, it'll be an ideal situation for all...

As I stated, Nintendo have made mistakes for the past decade and have paid the price. It will take a few more years still to truly heal the wounds created by themselves.

Sign in to follow this