NEurope
rokhed00

Venom revealed, sort of

I stand by thinking these are models of venom on peter/spiderman, as I think I also remember there being a picture of spiderman in a black suit released. Venom's appearance changes depending on who it is bonded with, doesn't it?

That is Venom, Spidey looks like this in the film:

venom-20070112105126796.jpg

In the comics the Symbiote was bonded to the user and could change shape at the users will. It was always attatched to the user but 90% of the time took the shape of civilian clothing in order to remain hidden. The upshot of this for Spidey was that he could change into Spiderman at a seconds notice, black gunk just kind of engulfed his body. Same with Venom.

The problem with the films is these are quite obviously costumes. Not too big a problem for Spidey, but it removes the OMG! MONSTER! sort of reaction to Venom. They've made him just another freak in tights! :angry:

That is Venom, Spidey looks like this in the comics:

Technically not, he was completely black in the comics.

That is Venom, Spidey looks like this in the comics:

venom-20070112105126796.jpg

In the comics the Symbiote was bonded to the user and could change shape at the users will. It was always attatched to the user but 90% of the time took the shape of civilian clothing in order to remain hidden. The upshot of this for Spidey was that he could change into Spiderman at a seconds notice, black gunk just kind of engulfed his body. Same with Venom.

The problem with the films is these are quite obviously costumes. Not too big a problem for Spidey, but it removes the OMG! MONSTER! sort of reaction to Venom. They've made him just another freak in tights! :angry:

I stand corrected, that most probably isn't venomspidey from the films, in which case I am very dissappointed.

I know the symbiote is always attached, and that's how it was in the 90s cartoons cos it would change between being his suit or clothes or whatever, but in the comics as well spidey actually has a costume that looks exactly like what he looked like when he was bonded with venom, which makes me think it's a bit of both, and that theres been discrepancies in the writing. I reckon they might be able to pull off the venom look in the film though adequately enough, guess we'll have to wait and see!

what the figures lack from the movie is the oily, kind of greased look of Spiderman's costume. You can put money on Venom himself looking far less like clothing than that figure suggests.

You can put money on Venom himself looking far less like clothing than that figure suggests.

......Are people ignoring my post....? Lol.

Movie Venom

1423418569loj2.gif

that doesn't count as full Venom. The costume is still liquid there and hasn't formed into the right shape..or something

Technically not, he was completely black in the comics.

i meant to say film lol

i think one thing sums up this thread: Sony have PG13'd Venom