NEurope
Charlie

Mac Thread

Kewl. I have a Mac. I didn't know about CandyBar.

candy bar looks quite interesting.

is the free download only a so many day trial or a free version.

also i recomend you put stars beside all the free software

some more software

darwiin remote - for using a wii mote as a mouse or apple remote

transmit - good ftp client (not free)

Grafic converter - similar to gimp but better (not free)

google earth

pixie - zooms in up to individual pixles (included free with macs but you need to install the developer package)

grab- screenshot taking program (should already be installed)

gimp - free and similar to photoshop (is a unix program so will run in x11)

gimpshop - a version of gimp slightly more like photoshop (same runs in x11)

also nice mighty mouse avatar

Excellent thread Caris.

A fair bit of stuff there that I wasn't aware of so will have fun trying them out.

Can't really think of anything else that needs adding , although under Ripping/Copying , I would recommend DVD2oneX which is excellent compression software.

theres also a burnig program called tost another feature it has is ripping records though you need a microphone port and a special cable

*High five's Caris*

Maybe you should stick Firefox and Thunderbird on there, unless I'm a simpleton and it already is.

So I would use MacTheRipper to make a DVD from an existing DVD of my latest "Home Movie" ?

theres also a burnig program called tost another feature it has is ripping records though you need a microphone port and a special cable

Yeah im gonna Buy toast for the DVD im producing its ment to be the best but it aint free, and Iun i've never actully used Mac the ripper so im not 100% but i know Moria has.

Mac the Ripper will rip the DVD in its entirety onto your computer. I haven't used the program for a long time, I can't remember what format you get it in or anything.

That's basically what I need to do so I can then create a DVD from the file, is that possible? Any programme that allows that would do.

Yeah, I think it is possible.

Can you try sending that PM again please, Iun? I've got 3 emails saying my inbox is full, although I emptied it after I got the first one..

Basically it's asking if I can put a DVD on the hard disk, then make a DVD using the DVD image on the HDD on my Macbook.

if anyone is trying to start with xCode i recomend a pdf called become an xcoder.

i'm just wondering about whats a good next step after that

i'm also wondering if there is a mac compatable device that i can use to hook up my wii to my powerbook (g4) for 50$ (canadian) or less (22.2 pounds)

What is X11 and can I download it for free from somewhere, Apple's site just makes me more confused...

It comes on your OS X disks, Sarka, or it may be in your Utilities (applications/utilities) folder already. You dont need to bother about it, any program which wants to use it will shout at you if you don't have it.

x11 is for running applications designed to run in unix

i beleive its sort of like crossovers

(i've used x11 but not crossovers)

does anyone here actually have an intell mac

edit: x11 is in utilities

It comes on your OS X disks, Sarka, or it may be in your Utilities (applications/utilities) folder already. You dont need to bother about it, any program which wants to use it will shout at you if you don't have it.

x11 is for running applications designed to run in unix

i beleive its sort of like crossovers

(i've used x11 but not crossovers)

does anyone here actually have an intell mac

edit: x11 is in utilities

OpenOffice is telling me I don't have it - and it's not in my utilities folder. I found a download link for it, so I'll get it now. Then I can finally start redraft my English folio... yay.

Nice thread, I shall check out some of those theming sites, I've yet to explore that stuff on my Mini.

battle for wesnoth (game)- an open source free mac game similar to fire emblem

missing sync for palm os- for syncing your palm with iCal

OpenOffice is telling me I don't have it - and it's not in my utilities folder. I found a download link for it, so I'll get it now. Then I can finally start redraft my English folio... yay.

If you put your Disc 1 that you got it was in the optional software setup.

Also, if you download the Aqua you don't need X11.