NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ThePigMarcher

An Act Of Great Stupidity (doh !)

OK , last February I purchased an ibook (I wanted to hold out for a MacBook but a premature death by my piece of shit Dell forced the issue) , and as part of the package I thought I should have been supplied with iLife '06.

Anyway , I didn't receive it (but read on) and was running the '05 version and was questioning whether to hassle Apple about the missing upgrade. I thought , oh well , maybe I missed out on the '06 upgrade due to the timing of my purchase and it probably wasn't worth the grief to chase up.

So this past year , whenever I have booted up iphoto , imovie and others I kept getting reminders about the '06 upgrade which annoyed me slightly due to me missing out.

Today , as part of my New Year 'sorting out / clearing out paperwork annual event' I decided to open up the box that the ibook had been delivered in and low and behold sitting there was the disc for iLife '06.

The most annoying/stupid/retarded* thing about all this is that periodically throughout the year I had noticed this disc but it never crossed my mind to think that it hadn't been pre-installed and that it was in fact the disc that I had been bemoaning the lack off.

Even more laughable is that very shortly the '07 vesrion will no doubt be with us (at least I can spare the cost of an upgrade and just play around with my recent discovery).

Apologies for the length of this post , but I figured that my act of blatant stupidity will ease some of those aching heads today , and hell , do I feel stupid.

Heh, that gave me a little chuckle :grin:

But at least you found it in the end, and iLife 06 really is pretty cool.

That is quite stupid...oh well. Mistakes happen. Perhaps you could ring apple up saying you didnt get it anyway, try and get the 07 upgrade for free or something :heh:

well have fun with iWeb

my dad got i life 06 as soon as it came out but didn't tell me. finally during the summer i found out he had it so i installed it on the computer i was using at the time. if he bought the family pack why didn't he use it.

anyway he'll also be buying 07 on launch day so i wont make that mistake again

I never really use the iLife studio. It's kind of pointless if you don't have a .mac account, but at least you get more than Microsoft ever offered. But - Microsoft is catching up and just copying everything Apple thought off!

Never really interested on iLife, though.

The only part of iLife I use is iTunes, the other programs don't interest me at all. I don't have a digital camera and all the photos are on the Windows PC downstairs with the family camera, iWeb just plain sucks for making anything more than the basic website.

The only part of iLife I use is iTunes, the other programs don't interest me at all. I don't have a digital camera and all the photos are on the Windows PC downstairs with the family camera, iWeb just plain sucks for making anything more than the basic website.

Quoted for agreement.

Would partly agree that a lot of the stuff doesn't get used , itunes obviously does , as does iphoto but I think that garageband alone justifies the cost of the software.

I am constantly using that , and love it. The only downside is that due to some of it's limitations I am constantly tempted to upgrade to Logic (but have so far resisted). It does seem that the older version of GB was better too.

I can't say that I am impressed with iweb either.

Perhaps I would have been better off not discovering the disc , thats what a years worth of build up does for you.

iTunes isn't part of iLife. iTunes is a free download.

but yea iLife isn't as good if you don't have a digital camera i guess (though i do)

i guess 07 is probably coming out at mac world next week.

i guess garageband dosent require i camera neither does iWeb

Sign in to follow this