NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KKOB

Wii Wriststraps Recalled

Thats not a recall. Its an offer to replace broken straps for free.

I wish people would read the news properly. Now watch the hysteria spread across all the fan sites.

EDIT: actually just read elsewhere, that the bbc were the ones that screwed up and have now toned down their article. BBC have changed their article to represent the truth. No Recall. BBC spreads nasty rumour shocker.

indeeed, all i did was post it to bring it to people attention that Nintendo are doing something about it.

I wasn't trying to stir up hysteria of any description, my radio came on this morning and i heard it on the news so i looked on the net and posted what i found and yep, the BBC has totally rewritten the original article that was up this morning. hence the now erroneous first post.

Plus, also have covered your hands in KY lube .....

STOP right there, i dont want to know about your adventures with KY jelly :shakehead

I've had 0 problems with my strap although it seems like they used some pretty weak material butI went out to buy some Silicone gloves on it just incase.

well its bullshit if you tell me, all this is making it worse for us who dont have a wii. furthur delays!!!

also, apparently nintendo have rejected the claims.

PARIS (AFP) - The Japanese electronic game maker Nintendo said it was not recalling motion-sensing controllers for its new Wii model but would exchange wrist straps that have broken inadvertently

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061215/bs_afp/afpentertainmentjapan_061215151501

EDIT: apparently they are having problems with the DS adaptors.

"Nintendo also said it would recall about 200,000 AC adapters for its hot-selling DS and DS Lite handheld game machines in Japan, because they may overheat and cause burns on rare occasions."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061215/tc_nm/nintendo_ds_dc_3

Sign in to follow this