NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cabrony

Wii email

WOW - I'm having absolutely ZERO sucess with this at all!

• WiiConnect 24 always connects
  • Registered 2 e-mails address (Hotmail & Yahoo)
  • Nothing has come through at all (3 days now) :(
  • Deleated and re-added the addresses and still nothing....

This really sucks - I can see Angry Nintendo Nerd ripping into this when he's about 180.

Same for me, registered the same adress now about 4 times, replied to the emails I recieved and nouts happened. All i want to do is see my blue light, If anyone else wants to see it for longer than 1/4 second, put a gamecube game in it and go to the Wii disc channel and it will stay on for about 1/2 a second! wow

________

blonde girl Webcams

Edited by Tony Cabrony

Thanks everyone for their help - I've got it all working now (and can see my mistake)

Right so lets see (incase others are daft like me)

• Yes you have to add e-mail contacts into your address book i.e. hot, gmail, yahoo etc. (However I thought the system would then send them an e-mail automatically asking for their acceptance)
  • NO
  • You then have to send an e-mail FROM these "added address" to your Wii.
  • The Wii then send a message back to each one asked for permission.

WOW - Easy as that!

Now I have a Flashy Blue Light Cool!

Thanks everyone for their help - I've got it all working now (and can see my mistake)

Right so lets see (incase others are daft like me)

• Yes you have to add e-mail contacts into your address book i.e. hot, gmail, yahoo etc. (However I thought the system would then send them an e-mail automatically asking for their acceptance)
  • NO
  • You then have to send an e-mail FROM these "added address" to your Wii.
  • The Wii then send a message back to each one asked for permission.

WOW - Easy as that!

Now I have a Flashy Blue Light Cool!

Yes thats not hard to figure out if your READ the email the Wii sends. Still doesnt work for me though and ive tried about 5 times

________

Ass live

Edited by Tony Cabrony

Ah a but see... I didn't know that once you entered an e-mail address into the Wii - you then had to send an e-mail to the Wii from said PC based e-mail in order to acticate it.

I thought all you had to do was enter an e-mail address into the Wii and it sent a request to the recipient asking for permission!

I thought all you had to do was enter an e-mail address into the Wii and it sent a request to the recipient asking for permission!

It does....

I assumed this was the case however like "Tony Cabrony" mines didn't!

After I added my e-mail addresses (I waited 3 days with nothing at all)

I decided to e-mail my Wii directly instead and then I got 2 mails each back from the Wii.

The one that should have came days ago

And the second "forced e-mail"

It seems I needed to invoke the service by sending an e-mail from each e-mail client first back to the Wii before I got any correspondance at all.

This is why I am replying these threads - maybe others are having the same problems as me - this is how I fixed mine.

The problem with mine is that i get the confirmation email but my Wii never receives this confirmation.

what type of mail are you using?

Its wiht my hotmail account, gmail works fine with it.

Okay, in the instruction booklet it says that you can rearrange the order of the people in the address book by holding a and b on the name and moving them. THIS DOESN'T WORK! Anyone know how to do it because it's really annoying me!

Sign in to follow this