NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Suggest A Thread

Well, i guess many of you have either read my last thread, or have figured out that there is no option for you guys to create threads yourselves.

We won't go into that. But basically, that's the situation. Mods and Admins can create threads for this board, and you shall be able to post in them. Free of charge, hehe...*nervous laughter*

Anyway, the whole point of this thread is for you guys to suggest a thread that will be added to this board.

Us staffers are going to miss something. We may forget to create a thread about, i dunno, the first game you put into your Wii. In that case, what you guys can do is suggest a thread in here.

If you don't see a thread about Wii Connect 24, but think that a topic should be created for that function, then say so in here, and either myself or somebody else will be happy enough to post a new thread about it for you.

It would be helpful if:

• You could post the thread title exactly as you would like it
  • You could post the first post of that thread in here, for us to copy and paste into a new thread
  • You could mention WHEN you would like this thread to be created. IE, the day before launch, launch morning, etc

We're all on the same side here, guys. We want this launch experience to be a memorable one. We don't want you thinking "oh damn, there was too much spam for me to enjoy my launch day forum experience", or "i wish there were more threads."

So, suggest away.

However, if there is one thing i ask, it is that i want this to stay on topic. We don't want offtopic discussion in this. I'm going to be mean, but i think i am being right: Just leave a title, first post, whatnot, and leave.

Post away.

Checklist:

Wii Bargains Thread- Done

Zelda

Monkey Ball

Red Steal

Wii Sports

WiiPlay

Thoughts about the WiiMote

Thoughts about WiiChannels

Wii Support: Problems and Issues

Your Wow Wii Moments:

I have to say I love that title I wish I could start a thread entitled that!

A thread that discusses peoples divine moments/moments of clarity/the moment the wiimote clicked for them, and they truly felt like they were in the next generation of gaming control....

Wii Number Exchange Thread:

Link this to the online board

Look At Mii:

Perhaps a Look At Mii thread [title not final] where you post your Mii creations courtesy of print screen and image hosting. Share your creative talents, can be linked to the creative gallery as well.

There was a thread like this for a fan mini game replicating the real thing, but we can do it again with the REAL THING.

Wii Impressions:

Readers post their initial impressions of the Wii. To be used in the site roundtable, or podcast

List of Places doing a midnight launch- Done

Poll or thread of suppliers who suceeded or failed in providing a Wii for Friday- Do this on friday.

Guys, how would you like it if we created new, clean threads for each game, for friday.

You will then have new threads at your disposal, and not 30 page threads.

Guys, how would you like it if we created new, clean threads for each game, for friday.

You will then have new threads at your disposal, and not 30 page threads.

maybe yeah, have first impressions threads, but only for the major titles, everything else should be at request.

maybe yeah, have first impressions threads, but only for the major titles, everything else should be at request.

When you say major titles, i think we have to define what we mean by major titles.

For me, this is it:

Zelda

Monkey Ball

Red Steal

Wii Sports

WiiPlay

and maybe Rayman.

Major titles, more emphasis on Wii exclusives, as they are more important as they are "supposedly" depending on the game that is, at least attempting to show the capabilities of the Wii mote compared to conventional control schemes.

Major titles, more emphasis on Wii exclusives, as they are more important as they are "supposedly" depending on the game that is, at least attempting to show the capabilities of the Wii mote compared to conventional control schemes.

Ok, i agree.

So, can we suggest any more threads that we can create before Friday? Looks like we're getting somewhere now. :)

When you say major titles, i think we have to define what we mean by major titles.

For me, this is it:

Zelda

Monkey Ball

Red Steal

Wii Sports

WiiPlay

and maybe Rayman.

yeah that list is good, can't really think of any others COD 3 maybe? (people are going to want to talk about both the launch FPS' as there is a massive talking point to be had about the controls...

Yeah he's right, as this is what most people are gonna want to intially discuss how the wiimote works in general, so games that make better use of it would be a good place to start discussing it.

yeah that list is good, can't really think of any others COD 3 maybe? (people are going to want to talk about both the launch FPS' as there is a massive talking point to be had about the controls...

Yeah he's right, as this is what most people are gonna want to intially discuss how the wiimote works in general, so games that make better use of it would be a good place to start discussing it.

Ok, if you can suggest anymore threads/games, then it will be created. I've got a mindblock at the moment about which games to create threads for.

How about threads like:

Thoughts about the WiiMote

Thoughts about WiiChannels

etc

We might also need a general Wii Support thread [title not final] where people can discuss issues/problems they have with their new Wii consoles come the launch of Wii in PAL territories (seeing that the majority of users of this forum are from PAL regions and only a select few from NTSC regions) such as possible issues with firmware, sensor bar issues, Wii Remote issues etc. This will be relevant as it relates TO DIRECT experiences, not just assumptions from US impressions.

It would primarily be a place where users can help each other and solve problems as well as informing others on things to look out for and be careful of. At least one person in here is gonna have some minor issues with their console.

We might also need a general Wii Support thread [title not final] where people can discuss issues/problems they have with their new Wii consoles come the launch of Wii in PAL territories (seeing that the majority of users of this forum are from PAL regions and only a select few from NTSC regions) such as possible issues with firmware, sensor bar issues, Wii Remote issues. It would primarily be a place where users can help each other and solve problems as well as informing others on things to look out for and be careful of.

Yeah, the3rdChildren suggested something similar to that.

Alright, so a Wii Support thread. Problems and issues.

Sounds good to me. I'll make a checklist. :)

We might also need a general Wii Support thread [title not final] where people can discuss issues/problems they have with their new Wii consoles come the launch of Wii in PAL territories (seeing that the majority of users of this forum are from PAL regions and only a select few from NTSC regions) such as possible issues with firmware, sensor bar issues, Wii Remote issues etc. It would primarily be a place where users can help each other and solve problems as well as informing others on things to look out for and be careful of. At least one person in here is gonna have some minor issues with their console.

Good idea! Hopefully this will eliminate many a thread in the future aswell.

Your Wow Wii Moments I have to say I love that title I wish I could start a thread entitled that!

A thread that discusses peoples divine moments/moments of clarity/the moment the wiimote clicked for them, and they truly felt like they were in the next generation of gaming control....

EDITYeah Wii Support thread excellent idea as anyone can go on their for advice about pretty much anything...

Your Wow Wii Moments I have to say I love that title I wish I could start a thread entitled that!

EDITYeah Wii Support thread excellent idea as anyone can go on their for advice about pretty much anything...

Love that title, perhaps that could be the name of the first impressions thread.

Haha, i love that title. Wow Wii!

Added to the checklist. :)

We're getting somewhere! This is looking great, guys.

May not be relevant just yet or has probably been suggested a number of times, but just an idea, people that like to be organised and do things in advance would appreciate this. A Wii Code Exchange thread [title not final], its purpose, just to post the universal number/code of your console to add to your list for future N-Europe online gaming extravaganzas.

May not be relevant just yet or has probably been suggestion a number of times, but just an idea, people that like to be organised and do things in advance would appreciate this. A Wii Code Exchange thread [title], its purpose, just to post the universal number/code of your console to add to your list for future N-Europe online gaming extravaganzas.

Didn't somebody start one and it got moved to online gaming?

EDIT: Yeah its here http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10869

Somebody did start one, yes.

I have an idea about that.

We can move the thread from here to the online board, but leave a link here. Ergo, it can be in 2 places at once.

I thought so... Just thought i'd mention it again just in case. I'll edit this post shortly with another possible thread idea if one comes to mind.

EDIT. Perhaps a Look At Mii thread [title not final] where you post your Mii creations courtesy of print screen and image hosting. Share your creative talents, can be linked to the creative gallery as well.

There was a thread like this for a fan mini game replicating the real thing, but we can do it again with the REAL THING.

EDIT. Look At Mii thread [title not final] where you post your Mii creations courtesy of print screen and image hosting. Share your creative talents, can be linked to the creative gallery as well.[/Quote]

I like it.

So, Look At Mii. Added to the checklist.

Coming along nicely now. :)

I thought so... Just thought i'd mention it again just in case. I'll edit this post shortly with another possible thread idea if one comes to mind.

EDIT. Perhaps a Look At Mii thread [title not final] where you post your Mii creations courtesy of print screen and image hosting. Share your creative talents, can be linked to the creative gallery as well.

another great idea I love it!:grin:

How about a thread with a list of places that are doing a midnight launch?

How about a thread with a list of places that are doing a midnight launch?

Excellent idea.

Would this be posting a list of places doing the midnight launch?

Or, would this be people posting whether or not their store is doing one?

If its the first one, then does such a list exist? If so, where can i get my grubby mitts on it? :)

Both maybe. A list at the top which is added to as people post if their store is doing one or not.

Both maybe. A list at the top which is added to as people post if their store is doing one or not.

Ooo, i like that.

I think i'll make this thread right now. Good work, dude.

Sign in to follow this