NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
scubahood

Smoking ban comes kick in on July 1st 2007

Meh, I still don't think its the good thing. I'm not even very anarchistic or anything but I really don't like the government telling me what to do in which place. And I always was a sensible smoker, not standing next to someone else waiting for the bus to come while smoking and all that. But going out, I dont know... here in the Netherlands I can't imagine any pub without people smoking. Insane. And like I said, I dont even smoke anymore but I still have this opinion. You think getting smoke from someone else inside you is bad? Hell, everything is bad for you nowadays, even the air you get in your lungs. Polution is everywhere.

Oh well. Guess its not my problem. ;)

I dont mind stepping out of a pub to smoke, fair deal. But clubs? Thats going to cause hell of a lot of shit i can tell you now; can you imagine the number of smokers having to leave and re-enter all the time? And club owners would be damn stupid to ban smokers from even going there because there's just too many, plu the fact that alcohol is the worst temptress to smoking.

Mark my words; smoking zones will come into effect in clubs.

I hate the government; oh we wont stop selling them cause y'know, we get shitloads of money but, erm, its bad for peoples health so erm yeah, we're banning it, oh, but still selling it. Great.

I'm not even very anarchistic or anything but I really don't like the government telling me what to do in which place. And I always was a sensible smoker

You think getting smoke from someone else inside you is bad? Hell, everything is bad for you nowadays, even the air you get in your lungs. Polution is everywhere.

You know, your view is amazingly similar to mine. But, these days I'm leaning towards supporting the ban. 2 reasons for this. First, I started to think that passive smoking is a direct damage on other people. Second, smoking doesn't inherently carry social benefits. All good effects of smoking are either personal or indirect. All bad effects of smoking in public is public (doh!) and direct.

So, I started to think banning it in public places makes logical sense. Not entirely happy about the principle concept of it, but it makes sense logically.

Well I'm used to it as it's already in affect over here, but I'll be home in 3 weeks so I'll get used to smoking wherever again.

As long as it's all done well I won't mind. To a certain degree.

The ban's already well in place in most of Ireland, just waiting on it coming north on the 1st of April. Can't wait, I hate coming out of bars in Belfast with your clothes stinkin of smoke, whereas if I'm down south for the day the air is beautiful and you come out only smelling of the drink, which is much more tolerable lol and it's not on your clothes either.

The ban started here(Scotland) earlier in the year and I suppose its got its positives.

Many smokers I know say its a great way to chat up girls, going out for a smoke you'll find plenty of them smoking by themselves ready to be chatted up.

Must admit though as someone said this earlier on: Clubs.

Clubs really need to get some scented smoke or something because they just smell like beer, sweat, piss and farts. I'm starting to miss the smell of smoke.

I was at the XFM gig the other day and someone in front of me had shat themselves and I was so thankful when the guy next to me challenged a good number of laws by lighting up some mary jane. That was a good gig.

Another little tibit of information. Your biggest offenders are OAPs at bingo halls. On about 3 occasions they've all just lit up in protest causing the establishments to be fined and now the bingo halls want compensation off the goverment to stop them from going under.

So what did we learn kids - Smoking ban = Expensive drain on goverment

also that OAP's should be shot.

Should just leave it the way it is I say. Or parents'll just end up smoking and drinking infront of kids then we'll have cancer ridden degenerates full of bad examples.

Sign in to follow this