NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
UziT

Decent FPS

Right I'm a n00b when it comes to FPS but my mates a urging me to leave RPG's for s while and have a go at some shooters! Do you recomend any? Battlefield 2142 any good?

Battlefield 2 > BF2142.

In terms of FPS, do you want single player or multi? It really depends on your tastes.

I suggest you start with free quake-based games. Enemy territory and nexuiz, for example. If you don't like the speed/unrealism, you could try TC:E mod for ET. It's more like cs(s) but free.

But as Jordan said, it depends on what kind of FPS's you like.

I have played Halo2 on Xbox and GRAW on 360 i prefered Halo easliy over that, i find GRAW too hard :( .

I dont mind either Single or Multi but Single should have a good story!

Unreal Tournament 2k4

Counter Strike Source

Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory

Warrock (crap)

Half Life 2: Deathmatch

And so on, W:ET is always a must if you haven't tried it before. Apparently Warrock is the free equivalent of BF2, but i wouldn't know, i've never played BF2, and i thoguht Warrock sucked.

anyone played F.E.A.R? There's a new expansion pack aint there? Battlefield 2142 looks juicy!

F.E.A.R > Extraction Point.

Seriously, Extraction Point isn't scary and it isn't all that fun as the original either.

TBH multiplayer PC FPS can be quite brutal if your new, theres a lot to get used to and players in some games (mainly Counterstrike) are pretty intollerant. Try the singleplayer modes in F.E.A.R, Half-Life 2 and Unreal Tournament 2004 until your used to the controls.

For multiplayer, UT2004 should be your first choice. If you dont like it then theres tons of mods available! Cant beat a bit of Red Orchestra for WWII action or Frag.Ops for a CS clone ;)

Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising might be a good bet these days aswell. Buying it tomorrow from GAME for £5 (including the expansion pack). Its a shooter set in the near future, 'sequel' to Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (one of my favourite online games, good community) and features up to 150 players online in a single game! (still the most of all FPS, even after a good 2 years!)

If not then try Enemy Territory, mostly because its free (not tried it myself yet).

Cant really recommend CS:S to anyone new myself, most of the players are horrible little kids who rip on anyone and everyone. I got bored of it after a few months and went back to Red Orchestra and Delta Force: Black Hawk Down.

Plus, if you're a newbie on CSS, you'll spend most your time, sat waiting for the next round.

I've heard good things about CSS, but tbh, you should play the single player in games like F.E.A.R and then move on from there.

Plus, if you're a newbie on CSS, you'll spend most your time, sat waiting for the next round.

Those were the good old days... Like yesterday... day before that... and the day before the day before..

Sign in to follow this