NEurope
  • Upcoming Events

• Well freaking done Dortmund! What a team performance tonight from them, even if fortune clearly favoured them after the number of times PSG hit the woodwork tonight.  Mbappe's last chance to bring the Champions League to PSG seemingly slipped through his fingers without having much of a say about it, but I think that was less down to him and much more down to the elite performance Dortmund put in.  Would love to see Dortmund win it all this season. So, who's it going to be? A grudge match against their biggest domestic rivals and the team to knock them out at the death in the final at Wembley in 12/13, or a match against one of their former stars playing in the best club to grace the competition? Going to be fun to see how it all plays out  looking forward to tomorrow night's match! 
    • I didn't really play the original DS games so it's probably coming from that place. I played all of the Game Boy ones and then picked it up again from the 3DS ones and even then, I never played Sun/Moon...only X/Y, which I enjoyed.
    • Yeah i am surprised Smash 64 has not been added to NSO already, when/if it does it would be a big deal for a Direct so that would be a perfect thing to announce in June.
    • Credits have rolled on Donkey Kong Country Returns It's been well over 10 years since I last played this so it felt like a new game playing through it. Also, it's been so long since I sat down and put a few hours into a Wii Game with the Wii remote still being really comfortable to play with horizontally. Anyway, onto the game I really enjoyed playing through this again after so many years. Not the most challenging game but I wasn't going back and collecting everything to unlock the 9th island. I can imagine that's where the proper challenge comes in. Graphically, it looks fantastic on my Sony Trinitron CRT TV, vibrant colours and some stunning graphical styles on display on certain levels. Controls, apart from waggle controls, which are horrible, Donkey Kong controls perfectly. Music, I like how it borrows sound bites from the iconic DKC tunes as you would expect but there's nothing really memorable here. Humour, there is none. A couple of the cut scenes got a chuckle out of me but the Rare sense of humour is really missing here. Cranky Kong acts like a completely different character.  It feels very safe at times compared to the DKC Rare Trilogy but Retro probably didn't want to take any risks or Nintendo just wouldn't let them. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will be played but it won't be my next game.
    • Less excited by DK64, but would love to go through DKR again. Must've been a couple of decades now since I've played it but I'll always maintain it was a better game than MK64.  I wouldn't mind seeing the OG Smash 64 get dropped too, just for nostalgia's sake.  Their N64 line-up as it currently stands is very strong though, they've done a great job. Wishlist games would be Perfect Dark and a couple of racing games like World Driver and Top Gear Rally, but I doubt any of those will happen. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts