NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MoogleViper

PC to TV help

you can have one of these which was recommended to me in the meaningless post thread but its not what i want

url

one of these but its shite, i dont recommend

cable_svideo.jpg

and a VGA cable which I have done and its ben amazing. This picture is so crisp.

one of these kinda

You gotta find out what the kind of ports are on the back of the tv and pc. Then go to currys, which is where i found mine to geta VGA cable.

Buts thtats the route i went. If anyone else in the time it has taken me to post this has suggested a better cable then go for it.

It's a CRT TV and it has scart sockets. I'm not sure about the pc. It's an old one but I'm looking to do it up.

oh so its an old tv. I dont think anything I said above will help then.

So just be sure to get one that has it. Most of current craphics cards have s-video out.

Even my ageing Radeon 9200 has s-video out. The picture on a standard definition TV is awful. The resolution is technically 768x576, but because it's interlaced it'll be all fuzzy and really it's more like 384x288. It's okay for watching videos, or maybe playing low-res games, but for anything computerish it's awful.

Yeah, what Odwin said. Do not even think about using a CRT TV as a computer monitor, unless it's for watching movies, primarily.

Sign in to follow this