N-Europe

December Magazines thread.

Nintendork

Guest Stefkov

Just got the new N-gamer. Looks like its set out realy nice, i had a quick flick through. gonna read it later, but for now im marvelling in the glow of the giant Zelda poster.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a shame that a free poster can sell a newspaper or a magazine.

You should see the 'I want free shit' thread over at ONM.

I used to buy magazines and comics for free sweets or freebies when I was a kid.. but I never bought a bad magazine just because it had something i wanted.

OPM was the best mag, always a quality demo disc. Hopefully with the Wii being on DVD we can get some proper Nintendo demo discs in the ecosystem because downloading isn't suitable for the Wii IMHO.

I agree completely with the guy who said games should be compared with other games not neccesarily of the same genre, in film reviews it's how good is this film, not how good is this horror-comedy or epic, they're all judged equally, a film may be a great spoof but only the spoofs which do a hell of a lot more would get a great mark as the genre is too shallow to warrant a great film, same with pure kids films, they'll never get a good review, ever, only the 'family' films can - aka Pixar, Disney etc.

Eh?? Of course films are graded to type. Case in point: Borat. Empire (well respected movie mag) gave it 5 stars (out of five). You cannot seriously be suggesting that they are comparing Borat to Citizen Kane. Borat got 5 'cause it is hilarious, end of, and as a comedy did it's job. It is not saying it's direction, cinematography, script and acting were Oscar worthy. It was just a very funny film.

Like Burnout 3, which I've never played, but if GamesTM believe it is the best arcade racer ever made, and cannot be improved upon; then why shouldn't it give it 10/10? What score could it give "9 - but there needs to be more adventure, with some leveling up of the main character. And where was the final boss showdown?" :indeed:

Eh?? Of course films are graded to type. Case in point: Borat. Empire (well respected movie mag) gave it 5 stars (out of five). You cannot seriously be suggesting that they are comparing Borat to Citizen Kane. Borat got 5 'cause it is hilarious, end of, and as a comedy did it's job. It is not saying it's direction, cinematography, script and acting were Oscar worthy. It was just a very funny film.

Like Burnout 3, which I've never played, but if GamesTM believe it is the best arcade racer ever made, and cannot be improved upon; then why shouldn't it give it 10/10? What score could it give "9 - but there needs to be more adventure, with some leveling up of the main character. And where was the final boss showdown?" :indeed:

But Borat ISN'T just a very funny film, it's an extremely clever satire and the writing and direction and editing ARE amazing!!!!!!!

But Borat ISN'T just a very funny film, it's an extremely clever satire and the writing and direction and editing ARE amazing!!!!!!!

Borat was more than just funny in the same way that Bowling for Columbine was more than just a documentary.

I give up!! :weep:

Just got the new N-gamer. Looks like its set out realy nice, i had a quick flick through. gonna read it later, but for now im marvelling in the glow of the giant Zelda poster.

I'm gonna get Ngamer tomorrow just for that Zelda poster....looks awesome....what size is it btw?

GamesTM (didn't buy it just stole their sneak peak)

Resistance covermount - preview

We also have reviews for GTA: Vice City Stories, Wii Sports, Medieval II: Total War, Guitar Hero II, F.E.A.R., Call Of Duty 3, Rainbow Six Vegas, Tony Hawk's Project 8 and, well, a shit load more to boot. I love November!

As mentioned on the forum, we have an exclusive interview with the creative minds behind Tetris, a Metal Gear Collectors' Spotlight and more.

We also have previews of Blue Dragon, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., MotorStorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Virtua Tennis and more.

Features wise, The Videogame Hot List looks at 20 legends of the industry and 20 names to look out for in 2007. We also interview the legend that is Sid Meier, chat with VT3's Mie Kumagai, listen to what Dr Ian Davis and Todd Howard have to say about artificial intelligence in games and, delayed by an issue, bring you the latest Bible Guide… this month to Platformers.

Well, that's about all there is to cover in the sneak peek. To read why we gave GOW a 10 and why Zelda a 9 you'll just have to wait for the issue to hit the shelves this Thursday (for those who haven't subscribed yet).

I don't understand why neither EDGE or GamesTM reviewed Yoshi's Island.

Guess nobody sent out pre-release copies (thanks Nintendo)

On another note Future lost $96m this year, well done guys.