NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Gaijin von Snikbah

The Ultimate Wii FPS Aiming!!1

I'd prefer the crosshair being locked to the centre of the screen personally. Devs should be keeping the tried and tested PC control method, its proven to be very accurate...

These 'Bounding Box' control methods are complicated and fiddly!

Imagine you have to turn 180 degrees, what do you do with your arm? Or do you turn your whole body around and face away from the screen?

Check my previous post in this thread for an answer to that problem. :)

I think zero bounding box/dead zone is really the way to go for FPS's on the Wii. I can see having to move the crosshair out of one before you even begin turning being somewhat cumbersome, the video clips of Wii FPS's in action certainly suggest this will be the case. :sad: I think you would get used to it in time - we have little choice with games like Red Steel - but there are better control methods.

I just hope a Wii FPS comes along at some point, hopefully early in its life, that'll set a better example for others to follow.

Check my post just before yours for why that doesn't work on the Wii :heh:

Ah, didnt see that post. Good point there with the whole lifting up the mouse thing!

I think c0Zm1c is wright though, would be better to have buttons to turn 90 and 180 degrees than a bounding box.

Ah, didnt see that post. Good point there with the whole lifting up the mouse thing!

I think c0Zm1c is wright though, would be better to have buttons to turn 90 and 180 degrees than a bounding box.

yeah you could just press down on the dpad to do 180 degree turns...

Check my previous post in this thread for an answer to that problem. :)

I think zero bounding box/dead zone is really the way to go for FPS's on the Wii. I can see having to move the crosshair out of one before you even begin turning being somewhat cumbersome, the video clips of Wii FPS's in action certainly suggest this will be the case. :sad: I think you would get used to it in time - we have little choice with games like Red Steel - but there are better control methods.

I just hope a Wii FPS comes along at some point, hopefully early in its life, that'll set a better example for others to follow.

You need some dead zone or the shaking in your arm will make you quite disoriented... I think substeinar has a good idea!

If turn rate is based on how far the crosshair is from the center of the screen, and the crosshair is near there, and the sensitivity is set at a sensible level, slight movements of your hand/wrist/arm would barely register. So a bounding box wouldn't be needed at all.

Sign in to follow this