NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendork

iTunes DRM hacked

Apparently it's been done.

I don't give a rat's arse whether it's legal or not.. because I paid for it and don't have the money for an iPod.

What's the story? Can I do this on my Mac yet or is the applet just windows thus far?

Jon Lech Johansen is responsible.

If you have iMovie HD then you can use this (I don't because I installed fresh Tiger so didn't get iLife and I cba to buy it)

http://seidai.50webs.com/Seidai%20Software.html (Mac)

There's a Mac app that can do this as well, I don't have a clue what its called though.

You can just burn it to a CD then rip it off again and the DRM is then MiA.

This is ancient, its called fairgame. Decent idea, poor implementation.

Well I couldn't get fairgame to work, would be nice if it did, because the thought of ripping CD's and burning them back onto iTunes kills me.

Its been around for years, and yes it is legal. Jon Lech Johansen started up his own company and is currently in the process of selling his software to iPod competitors. Apple is going nuts, but theres not a great deal they can do to stop him, theyve been trying since he first made the software in 2003!

Not sure whats on that link you posted though, JLJ's software is called QTFairUse not FairGame and his company is DoubleTwist not Seidai Software.

Well I couldn't get fairgame to work, would be nice if it did, because the thought of ripping CD's and burning them back onto iTunes kills me.

The problem with fairgame is that it only allows on track to be stripped at a time, even that takes about 4 mins.

srry if already posted

the easiest way to unprotect your iTunes purchases is to burn them to cd and then re-import them from the cd

srry if already posted

the easiest way to unprotect your iTunes purchases is to burn them to cd and then re-import them from the cd

that still works? :grin: not done it for years, figured Apple would have put an end to it by now...

my dad is an expert on anything apple (though i have tought him a few things about keynote) any way he said that yesterday so i guess it still works.

Sign in to follow this