NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ReZourceman

Which Controller Does What? (Need a fast response please)

Hi!

Any help is appreciated!

How exactly does the whole VC controller thing work.

Can you use the Cube controller for the VC games?

Can you use the Wiimote on its side for (at least some) of the VC games?

Does Smash Bros NEED a Classic Controller?

Please answer, thanks!

Hi!

Any help is appreciated!

How exactly does the whole VC controller thing work.

Can you use the Cube controller for the VC games?[/Quote]

Yes, you can use the Gamecube Controller for Virtual Console titles, but you cannot use the classic controller for Gamecube titles. This has been confirmed fairly recently.

Can you use the Wiimote on its side for (at least some) of the VC games?[/Quote]

You can use it for NES titles, but due to the amount of buttons, you will not be able to play other titles, such as SNES or N64.

Does Smash Bros NEED a Classic Controller?[/Quote]

We would expect so, unless they decide to produce an alternative control scheme that uses the Wiimote. The main method of control in brawl is using the classic controller.

Although, i'm not sure if you can use your cube controller or not for this. I want to find this out, also.

Please answer, thanks!

You're welcome. :heh:

Whats with the haste?

I was thinking that. There's plenty of time to panic. I haven't even had breakfast yet!

Some psycho hooked up my laptop to a bomb. If I recieve less than 1 MB of information per hour it will blow up.

Kinda like Speed.

Heh, seriously though, Ny friend on another Forum asked, and I said I would find out sooner, so figured haste would be better. Also dont know how long hes on for.

Hes probably reading this actually. Hey Thawmus!

Another bit of info

The only game on Wii that can use the Gamecube controller is Metal Slug Anthology.

*casts slowaga* :heh:

Yeah FL, well I've just finished lunch.

While we are talking about controllers, who thinks that not using the Wii mote in SSBB will send a bad message? Give competitors something to laugh at?

Hopefully they will come up with a solution and try to incorporate the Wii control methods in the new SSB game or at least give it as an option doesn't matter how bad it is :p

*casts slowaga* :heh:

Yeah FL, well I've just finished lunch.

While we are talking about controllers, who thinks that not using the Wii mote in SSBB will send a bad message? Give competitors something to laugh at?

Hopefully they will come up with a solution and try to incorporate the Wii control methods in the new SSB game or at least give it as an option doesn't matter how bad it is :p

Mario Kart DS didn't use the touchscreen abilities of the DS THAT greately. Sure, it used the dual screens, but that wasn't to a great extent either.

Brawl will be using the online functions of the Wii. There will probably be other functions used too, but i don't think they should just tack on the ability to use the 'mote just for the sake of it.

They will probably use the controller outside of gameplay, for navigating menus, maybe even "mini-games", if they include any. But, for the main game, i can't see them using it.

Does it send out the wrong message? Hell no. They're going the classic controller option because some games just won't work well using the 'mote. I'd rather have a playable game using an older style controller rather than using the mote and having great difficulty. The Mote is supposed to make things easier and just more simpler. I think they've done the right thing.

Does slowaga actually exist?! :p

Just while we're on the subject, for Brawl, are all 3 controllers compatible? I think they should have made it possible to use all old controllers with the wii(as my mother said just yesterday as I told her how much im spending and why 'controllers?! MORE controllers?! what are you gonna do with all of these ones??', I was tidying up all my game stuff at the time, which has snes, n64 and gc controllers together). Maybe it could have been done through the use of a cable attachment to avoid there being 37 different ports on the wii, like those PS2-PC, XBOX-PC, or PS2-XBOX things(they sell all sorts of them in GAME). Now that I think about it, I might not need to get a VC controller at all, just use my GC one.

Another reason I think this is a good idea, means less recharging of my batteries! If I'm correct the VC controller doesn't wire directly into the console, or does it? I saw a picture of it in a display cabinet and it looked alot like it was simply wired to the wiimote, not the console. Speaking of this, can anyone give me a source about the GC pads being able to be used for all VC titles, I posted about it on another forum but have no decent source.

The Wiimote can be used for NES games and Turbographx games only, with the exception of the SNES lightgun games which are unconfirmed to use the Wiimote but probably will with the Zapper shell.

We would expect so, unless they decide to produce an alternative control scheme that uses the Wiimote. The main method of control in brawl is using the classic controller.

Although, i'm not sure if you can use your cube controller or not for this. I want to find this out, also.

The developers of this game said something like 'save your Cube controllers for this game as they're fully compatible' during the E3. I'm keeping my Cube controllers for the awesome rumble and the comfort.

Sign in to follow this