N-Europe

King Kong

Minlack

Like many people who played and enjoyed Beyond Good & Evil, I've been looking forward to see how this game turns out. So far the previews have been promising. More to the point, the demo of the PC version has just been released, and it's looking quite good. It certainly has the feel of BG&E about it. I'm now in no doubt that it will completely capture the look and feel of the movie. Indeed, playing the demo has raised my expectations of the movie somewhat. Despite the simplistic controls of the Big Ape, which is pretty similar to the combat controls in BG&E, there is a sense of desperation about it,

especially when you have to stop the T-Rexs from gobling up the lil' lady

. Besides the combat there are some 'nice to look at' sub-Prince of Persia swinging and jumping sections (can you actually fall off??), which hopefully is used in a more conplex puzzle like way further in the game. The Jack section was quite good and, while simple, I can see the use of different items making for some more varied gameplay. On the whole it's all looking quite impressive, certainly for a movie game. I just hope that they have built upon the gameplay shown in the demo. That will be the decider between it being a 'quite good' game or a 'very good' game. Anyone else who played the demo, what do you think about it? My fingers are crossed :D

ps. this is in Gamecube, cos most people here will eventually get that version.

Its on my list too. Never normally buy movie tie-ins but when I first learnt that the people behind BG&E were working on this I got interested and started keeping an eye on it.

I am certainly impressed with what I have seen so far and will try to download the PC demo to see how it plays.

It is looking really good for a movie tie in, i like the fact theres no bars or crap covering up the screen, there no health bar, crosshiar, ammo bar, or radar, it will hopefully make the game will feel like you are more involved. I'm gana wiat intill it drops in price on current gen systems, which won't be too long with nxt gen quicky approaching.