NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
masaki86

Sitting in relation to the TV

Now that we know that sensors are going to be used to monitor controller movement, has anyone else wondered how it's going to work, are you going to always have to sit head on to the screen so your in the line of the sensors, what about in multiplayer? All 4 of you are gonna have to sit cramped together in the sensors view?

I'm hoping that the sensors will be able to be positioned with a large coverage are, because I rarely sit head on to my tv, and in multiplayer, we all like to sit away from each other(to stop the hitting/distracting...)

I expect it will stretch as far as a good view of the TV. I mean, you can only go so far around the TV before you can't see anything anyway. The view is only about 120 degrees max. No reason why the sensors won't work over this area.

Aren't ther 2 sensors either side of the screen? This will allow you to adjust it to your own specifications. It'll work like a surround sound system, you adjust the positioning to fit your living room. Quite simple really. I can't believe people are worrying about this stuff. Nintendo wouldn't miss this. Though I would have to say, that if you're playing Zelda, advise your friends to keep their distance so you don't accidentally hit them.

I'm thinking along the lines of those projector/whiteboards in schools and universities and such, where you have to calibrate the pen with the projector in order to get an accurate performance. The TV set is highly unlikely to move while you're playing, so it shouldn't be a problem calibrating controllers.

Ok, just found out that the sensor is actually on the revolution; now we know what nintendo meant by 'what is in there is actually the revolution' when asked by IGN about this on the front of the revolution.

I think the practical point which the new controller overlooks is that no-one sits rock solid in front of the tv whilst playing games. How do I stop Revolution interpreting adjustments to my seating postion, stretching my arm and generally just getting more comfortable etc as in-game movements?

You probably calibrate the controller in the system menu.

________Menu___________

Please move the controll forward

Please move the controll Back

... up.. down. twist.. etc.. and then you test.

Sign in to follow this