NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
UziT

512MB nVIDIA GeForce 7600GS

I just wanted wanted to know if anyone has had any experiance with this graphic card? Its coming with our new PC, my bro aint even told me and he orderd it it :nono:

It's a basic card. Not a super fast gaming card, but if the rest of the pc is okay it's fine. There are couple of things that have had me worried. First is that the colors in video playback are sometimes messed up. And secondly in cs the transparent sprites (rain drops etc) were just black boxes. But that might just be a driver issue.

Depends probably on what kind of games you play. It's good for a budget card, just don't expect any miracles :)

really....i seen a ATI X1300 grahics card aswell...i'm shit with these kind's of stuff!

at the mo i have a 64mb card duno what it is, i play WoW on that and thats it. I want to play Elder Scrolls: Oblivion & Pro Evo 6!

I'll show me PC specs! (the new one with the 7600 card!)

Intel Pentium D 940 Dual Core Processor E6400

3.2GHz, 800MHz FSB

2GB DDR RAM

400GB Hard Disk Drive

Dual Layer DVD ReWriter Drive

512MB nVIDIA GeForce 7600GS Graphics

Built-in TV Tuner + Remote Control

802.11g Wireless Network Ready

The cpu part makes no sense... At least the E6400 part, as that's a core 2 duo model, not pentium D.

Anyhow the 7600gs is better than the X1300(and yes, better than x1300 xt). And don't worry, It's very hard to keep track on what's good and what's not in the GPU market.

It will play oblivinion fine, just don't go using resolutions like 1600*1200 with all the settings at high.

The cpu part makes no sense... At least the E6400 part, as that's a core 2 duo model, not pentium D.

Anyhow the 7600gs is better than the X1300(and yes, better than x1300 xt). And don't worry, It's very hard to keep track on what's good and what's not in the GPU market.

It will play oblivinion fine, just don't go using resolutions like 1600*1200 with all the settings at high.

Dude i know its confusing me aswell! ignore the E6400 that was me totaly confused! This is what it is Intel Pentium D 940 Dual Core!

Nice system there! The card is deffo not the best, but it's decent enough. I wouldn't worry tbh, it'll be okies for a while.

It's a basic card. Not a super fast gaming card, but if the rest of the pc is okay it's fine. There are couple of things that have had me worried. First is that the colors in video playback are sometimes messed up. And secondly in cs the transparent sprites (rain drops etc) were just black boxes. But that might just be a driver issue.

Depends probably on what kind of games you play. It's good for a budget card, just don't expect any miracles :)

Yup, that sounds like driver issues to me. I've come accross similar problems before and a simple driver update/reinstall fixed it.

Wtf is with people saying the 7600 is not that good of a card... true it may not be that good compared to a 7800... but jesus... i can run recent games on mid settings on my fucking 5700.

Trust me, it's a good card, and with the rest of the machine, you're getting a pretty good rig.

Can someone reasure me of the CPU?

It's ok.

Nothing more nothing less.

To be honest the PC you stated isnt amazing, you get far better for your money.

Can someone reasure me of the CPU?

I think it's quite a decent PC.

The graphics card is pretty good, and if you really want to squeeze more power out of it you could overclock it a little, as most cards can easily be overclocked a few Mhz, and they're less risky than overclocking CPUs as they should be cheaper to replace.

The CPU isn't that bad. I mean sure it's a bit old and a Core 2 could kick it's ass any day, but it's dual core, not too bad a clock speed and it supports x86-64 which should make it somewhat future proof.

Plus, 2gb is a good amount of RAM, considering most people can survive pretty well with 1gb.

Overall, I think it's a good PC, could have been a little better, but I've heard Core 2s are compatible with P4 9xx boards, so maybe that would be a good upgrade, and since the graphics card will probably be PCI-E you can easily get that upgraded too.

So in general the system looks fine. It will run Oblivion just fine. The CPU is a bit old, but still fast enough. And it's 775- socket, so you can upgrade it to core 2 duo later if you want.

I think that core 2 duo E6300 would've been better for the system. But as I said you can upgrade it later on. And nobody said that the 7600GS was bad. It's probably the best budget GPU there is.

I think that the core 2 duos should have a price drop in the start of next year as intel is releasing the core 2 quad cpu's.

thanks both of you! I probs upgrade the thing to core 2 duo next year sometime! and so far I have played Guild Wars Factions and Pro Evo 6, they look awesome going to get Oblivion tomorrow so cant wait! YAY!:laughing:

Sign in to follow this