N-Europe

N-Europe Show Hot Topic #7

Conor_NE

hey guys,

Podcast is in a bit of a flux this week, so forgive the chaos. I'm throwing out for discussion the topic we chatted about in the NES #8, which went live yesterday (expect number 9 tonight or tomorrow as well), which was about the Wii first-party lineup. With WarioWare (and Excitetruck) slipping into next year for us, the lineup's looking a bit slim on top-tier titles. A problem?

With only Wii Sports, Wii Play and Zelda from Nintendo on the Wii this year, is there a shortage of top-tier titles?

As usual, we'll air replies on the next show. If you want to leave a voicemail on this subject - or anything - Skype us at 'neurope'. Opinions ahoy.

It's a pity that a Gamecube title is Wii's flagship release, when in all honesty it should be Mario Galaxy, but i think that Zelda will hold it's own. Nintendo have a great catalogue of games prepared for the VC and when Metroid and Mario take to the stage I don't think anyone will be complaining :)

Its good to see a good mix of launch titles this time around from third party titles. I think the third party launch titles are most important since that was the main problem last generation, so to have all major 3rd parties on board (and excited mind you) with the Wii, that i am sure that this launch will be the best ever. We know Nintendo's standard when it come to their games so we shouldn't worry too much, but the 3rd parties are something we really should be watching out for in the first 6 months to a year of the Wii's life. They will once again be once again a telling sign of their commitment to the Wii. The fact that some studios are moving teams from PS3 and Xbox360 projects to Wii projects is only the beginning.

Its good to have a vriety of launch titles for launch but they could of easily had it that excite truck coming out on launch with a week later smooth moves coming out.

All I have to say is thank god for multiple consoles we have bought. And a few of games the games I wanted I carn't get as they won't come to europe