N-Europe

A disk read error occurred

uncle_buckman

A disk read error occurred

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

Please help. I keep on gettin this message. This happened after I got rid of a virus then used scandisk. Left my computer on all day checking for errors, got back from work and came home to a black screen. Overrided the thing now i get this message.

How big you looking at?

Domstercool got a 320GB SATA drive for like, £70.

HDD's are really cheap these days, look around Ebuyer.com or dabs.com. I'd recommend Seagate Barracuda's I have a good few of them and one has never failed.

Any size really. Just good value. I've been told that I need to put my disk drives into a computer of a similar age in order to access my data.

The corrupted disk has been partitioned, could I save it by finding somebody to format the C:\ drive and reinstall windows on it?

http://www.watford.co.uk is supposed to be good too.

Thanks for the help all. I've unplugged my PC from the mains and I really hope I can save my goods.

Watford Eletronics a.k.a savastore.com (that link) are great. Their shop thing is in Luton, and I went down there the other day and bought a few things. I've never tried their postage obviously, but I can say they're quite cheap, legit and exist. etc