N-Europe

FTP problem.

MindFreak

I tend to have some problems at the moment.

Well. This time it's about FTP.

I have tried several FTP-programs for Mac and they work fine. However, when I try to edit or save a file, the program just "crashes". Even om Mac. That's rather frustrating as I have some files I would like to edit.

From Duck-what-ever-its-name-was I got this message: Too many connections from this IP (or something like that, anyway). I really have no ieda what to do.

If I use Disc Order, I can edit the files, although it freezes upon saving the changes.

So. Is anybody able to help me out?

I get that sometimes on CyberDuck, I thought it might be because my dad was uploading from the other computer at the same time or something.

Whenever that happens to me I just wait a bit and it usually works then..

I don't edit my files with the FTP program, I like to open them up in TextEdit (or Dreamweaver for big work) as that will always work. If you've uploaded the file once, then editing, then uploading again, all you need to do is double click on the name of the file in the activity window and it will upload again.

Hmm. Okay, I'll try again then.

It worked. Thanks.

Then I need one more thing, though not relevant to the FTP-problems I was having:

A program for shrinking DVD-movies so they can fit one disc. On Windows, I used DVDShrink, easy program. I wonder if Mac has something like that build into the O/S or if there is a program available.

Thanks.