NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
fukudasolokomalakikenanze

Wii Exchange Gaming Knowledge.

Hi guys, i've recently got a job where I need to have extensive knowledge on Electronics & Home Entertainment. I would appreciate it if you could enlighten me and perhaps others in this forum on the three next generation consoles and how they compare and what each of the distinctive features and benefits are of each console including the portable handhelds DS and PSP. I just want to get an idea of each of the three systems and two handhelds so that I can give customers correct and meaningful information to them so they make the correct decision in which system to buy and ultimately be satisfied.

If you feel the need to lock this thread, then thats fine...

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Simple.

In regards to home consoles:

PS3 if you want Best Graphics.

XBOX 360 if you want Best Online Gaming Service.

Wii if you want a new way to play games.

In regards to the current portable handhelds:

PSP if you want Best graphics.

DS if you want a unique way to play games.

Lock thread.

Hi guys, i've recently got a job where I need to have extensive knowledge on Electronics & Home Entertainment.

What's this then - a Saturday job in your local GAME store? Can't be Dixons or anywhere like that as their staff know *!$* all.

The fact you're asking must mean that you haven't got the knowledge, in which case I'm puzzled as to why any company would employ someone who doesn't have the right qualifications for the job.

:confused:

I just got a casual job at a department store and it helps to have additional product knowledge. I already have a good understanding of Wii and DS, but not DS lite and Definitely not anything to do with Xbox or Playstation systems. I've only ever played a Sony Playstation 2 twice and only on very brief occasions the controller was very akward with its shapes and that. I have never played Xbox before ever, thats why I just want an idea on some information about these consoles.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Playstation 3

+ HD-gaming (if you have HD-TV)

+ Comes with harddrive, no need for memory cards (this is important thing for parents).

+ "Free" online experience (don't mention micropayments)

+ Media support (Blu-Ray, MP3, etc.)

+ Most powerful console around (at least theoretically, but customer doesn't need to know that)

+ Strong brand (it's Playstation, goddamnit!)

+ Some promising exclusives on the pipeline

+ "True" backward compatibility with PSOne and PSTwo games (psychological aspect is important here, as about 85 percent of users don't use backward compatibility at all).

+ Quiet

- Cheaper SKU doesn't have wireless support

- Expensive (but quality costs)

- HD-gaming (if you don't have HD-TV)

- Limited supply during christmas

- Really big

- Small number of launch games

Xbox 360

+ Balanced

+ Current bundle comes with game in Great-Britain (Project Gotham Racing 3)

+ Excellent controller

+ Excellent on-line support

+ Good price

+ HD-gaming (if you have HD-TV)

+ Media support (DVD, MP3, etc.)

+ Some promising killer-apps coming for christmas (Gears of War, Lost Planet, Viva Pinata)

- Backward compatibility is limited to some titles

- Core package is basically scam, not worth buying

- HD-gaming (if you don't have HD-TV)

- Most games aimed for "mature" audience (read 16-year old chavs that think that they are mature)

- Not much japanese support

- Relatively noisy

Wii

+ Comes with internal memory, no need for memory cards (this is important thing for parents).

+ Family-friendly games

+ Free online experience

+ Innovative (wiimote, nuff said)

+ Inexpensive (remember that products are always inexpensive, not cheap)

+ Promising exclusives in launch (Zelda, Red Steel, Excite Truck)

+ Small, quiet

+ "True" backward compatibility (psychological aspect is important here, as about 85 percent of users don't use backward compatibility at all).

- Graphically inferior to its competitors (but remember the innovation!)

- Lack of HD-support (if you have HD-TV)

- New concepts unproven

- Online system isn't so robust as with competitors (probably)

- Supports only wireless connections from the box

Sign in to follow this