NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
wooks63

eBay Wii Pre-order bargain . . .

NOT!

For idiots or the very desparate only:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-Console-Game_W0QQitemZ280028742486QQihZ018QQcategoryZ187QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is £70 over the recomended price and doesn't come with anything other than the standard package.

Oh, and he wants immediate payment!!!!!

Also be wary that someone else on ebay is claiming you can get a Wii by going to a referral site wiigenie or something like that. Of course, the link he gives contains his referral id!

Lots of other bargains are to be had (as you will be!) as well if you look around ebay.

Oh well if we're going to post up eBay scams shall I just type up the Nigerian phone book?

Most people are pretty savvy on forums, they managed to sign up after all.. and if they aren't savvy they probably don't have the means to pay for it.

£250 is a good deal, it will sell out and will probably go for £500 on the black market.. but thanks for the heads up, this is the first one I've seen.

£250 is not a good deal.

The Wii may not sell out.

£500? You're having a laugh. If I had to spend £500 on a Wii I'd buy a 360 and a bunch of games.

PS2 launch, they said they would get one for everyone pre-order, they didn't.

Result? £700 in local newspapers.. god know's what on that internet (I didn't have it at the time) but the media went mental.

360, bad example I know but I know staff at Virgin who were selling for £600 and they got 15% discount..

The Wii will sell out as Nintendo has said most stuff is going to the US, not only that but the manager at my local GAME has said the max any store is getting is 100 Wii's..

Now when you consider that some stores had 15-115 xbox 360s, that doesn't make for pleasant reading. At this point in time it seems like a rip.. but few people know about pre-ordering.. the hype hasn't started.

But when it does prices will rise, parents will get desperate.. and Santa will pay £500 for a Wii closer to the Eve of Christmas. I bet you.

PS. eBay is great, I've never had a problem and I've made over £2000 worth of transactions on there.. 120 positive feedbacks means nothing if this person buys 120 penny objects then scams you out of a grand.

Research the seller, check feedback individually, Google their user ID and if you still have reservations e.mail them to check their ability to speak Engrish.

Ebays great! I've bought shed-loads from there without any problems (touch-wood).

HOWEVER saying that, i would never ever buy a console on Ebay, like a brand new one which is in high demand. Could be all a scam to get your money and you'll never see the console.

Older consoles yes. New consoles just released in extremely high demand? NEVER EVER.

I would pay a little bit more for a Wii if i had to! but i would never use Ebay to do this.

:hehe:

The Wii will sell out as Nintendo has said most stuff is going to the US, not only that but the manager at my local GAME has said the max any store is getting is 100 Wii's..

He is talking out of his arse. Nintendo are not meeting with UK retailers and discussing allocations until October.

He has played Raving Rabbids, he's been to their press days which all managers went to.

He said and I quote "I went from being 36 to 6 as soon as they brought it out"

If you want to back your statement up go for it. But I remember an article popping up on Joystiq a little while ago about how Nintendo UK was in talks with retailers, making preperations and also installing countdown clocks in certain stores.

He has no reason to lie..

Yes he does, he wants to appear more important than he is. I work in games retail and no one has any idea of Nintendo's Wii allocations yet. This is why places like GAME aren't taking pre-orders yet, because they don't know how many they will get. Some places like Gamestation are taking pre-orders because an educated guess says the Wii will be cheap to make and so Nintendo should get lots of units into stores.

Sign in to follow this