N-Europe

Midnight Launch - Possibility?

demonmike04

It'll be interesting to have a midnight launch, and it does seem likely.

The only problem for me is there's nowhere near where I live that would open at midnight. Merry Hill Center opens at midnight for the Harry Potter books, but not a console release. ¬¬ That leaves Birmingham, and at that time of night it'd be risky and I'd need a taxi back...

No Wii midnight madness for me. :heh:

It'll be interesting to have a midnight launch, and it does seem likely.

The only problem for me is there's nowhere near where I live that would open at midnight. Merry Hill Center opens at midnight for the Harry Potter books, but not a console release. ¬¬ That leaves Birmingham, and at that time of night it'd be risky and I'd need a taxi back...

No Wii midnight madness for me. :heh:

You call Birmingham risky? For a midnight launch I have to go to Glasgow!

Yep, my local Gamestation are open up 12:00pm for the Wii (at the moment anyway).

I'm awake at 12 so i might go down there, get my stuff, come home, go a bed and it will be waiting for me in the morning thus saving me having to go out on the actual launch day and pick it up, because i'm lazy! :D

I want to go to a midnight launch for only a couple reasons.

1: ive never been to one, and the wii is just hype so i want to go to that one

2: I'd like to get a bit of play on the Wii before i have a full day of college. that means lessons from 8:40 to 3:55. so a couple of hours sleep wiill be fine.

basically it. And GAME is only 15 minute away by car, so i can get there, and my dad works shifts. Shifts are bad, but that week hes working til l10pm so he can take me then. Then i can come home, set it up. plug it into the internet and look at some news, Nintendo will probably write something like thank for everyone purcahsing the new Wii or something.

Ok, I live in a slightly small town, infact, incredibly small. We have 3 possible stores that would open for a midnight launch, Game, Gamestation and HMV. Apparently, my town's game was open at midnight for the launch of the cube.

But what do you think, would any of those stores open a few stores nationwide for the Wii launch? Did anything similar happen for the 360 and DS launch?

This may be useful info for others too, so please help.

You live in an "incredibly small" town and yet you have a GAME, Gamestation and HMV? I think you need to redefine your definition of small! My town's efforts for supplying gaming is thus:

1 x Woolworths, which carries the chart games and whatever they've got stuck in the bargain bin.

1 x video/DVD rental shop which sells second-hand games.

I have to drive to either of the, equidistant, two nearby cities to find decent gaming shops.