NEurope
flameboy

Will any old SD work?

As a friend of mine has stated he won't buy the vc games he will simply steal them off the internet and plug a controller into his PC and play NES, SNES and N64 games.

Fixed for clarity. :)

Fixed for clarity. :)

Its not stealing, they could of simply made all Nintendo own content on the VC games to be free, like Mario 64, Super Mario World and the rest

Its not stealing, they could of simply made all Nintendo own content on the VC games to be free, like Mario 64, Super Mario World and the rest

Indeed it's not stealing since it falls under breech of copyright law, but, it is a criminial act no matter how you look at it. ;)

My guess is that the games are tied to your account on wii24, which would be like they are on Xbox Live iirc. That would make you able to use any old SD card, but you could only play the games verified by your account.

Iwata: "The games will definitely not be free" I interpret that as no promotions.. but Jobs said that and now you have Coke and Pepsi and GAP giving songs away.

SD is a standard, of course it will work providing it is functional and SD.

Doubt any accessories or anything requiring drivers will work though.

SD is a standard, of course it will work providing it is functional and SD.

Indeed you are correct about that. As long as it follows SD standard (up to 2GB cards) my guess is that they'll work flawlessly.

As a friend of mine has stated he won't buy the vc games he will simply download them off the internet and plug a controller into his PC and play NES, SNES and N64 games.

You have friends????? :shakehead

your not reading what I am saying Takeo:

A brand such as Kodak SD cards:

Allow you to put videos and pictures on the Wii

Nintendo's own SD cards:

Allow you to download VC games

Allow you to store saves

An SD card is an SD card, it doesn't matter if it was made by Nintendo or Kodak it'll do exactly the same.

As for the VC games, I'd imagine that getting the VC to run dumped roms off the net rather than just VC provided games will be one of the first things Chinese hackers will be attempting.

Unless there is a program built into the Nintendo Wii and their SD cards which actually stop you using them to upgrade memory and all this jazz

Unless there is a program built into the Nintendo Wii and their SD cards which actually stop you using them to upgrade memory and all this jazz

In which case they wont be SD cards because they aren't SD standard.