NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
laura_inthesky

Connecting Xbox360 to PC monitor

Hi, first post so I wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to move it!

I was told that I can get almost HD quality picture by connecting a xbox360 to the PC monitor, saving me about £2000 in buying a HD TV.

I was planning on buying this...

Cable

I'm pretty sure I have the right port in the back of my PC for this, but I am unsure where those red and white cables in the picture from that website would go? Is this recommended also, will the picture quality be any different from viewing it on a normal TV?

You'd plug that lead straight into your monitor, not into your PC, so just make sure you don't have a cheap monitor with the cable already moulded into it.

Those two white and red cables are to go into a speaker set, they're the stereo outputs for left and right.

my speakers dont have any plugs in the back of them at all, does this mean I'm gonna have to buy some different ones?

Your speakers us a normal headphone/microphone(don't remember what they are actually called) jack? If so, you can easily buy a converter.

I've been doing some reading around and im unsure wether the Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable will fit into my monitor, here is a picture of the back of my monitor

hyundaiQ17plus_prises.jpg

My monitor has a DVI button on the front if thats any information.

PS. Still need help with my audio too :D

Sign in to follow this