N-Europe

Internet Trouble

triforce_keeper

Hi after formatting my partition and losing everything on my pc I have got it finally working. BUT come yesterday the internet stopped working.

On my dads and the laptop im on now the internet works but on my pc it doesan't. I have a wireless router if that helps.

Heres what happens I click connect: aiting for network, waiting for network to be ready: connected! Limited or no conectivity. So i click repair, cannot renew ip address.

help please and it would be really appreciative! :D

p.s Don't comment on my spelling because I have rushed this because I'm angry :S

Point your browser to 192.168.2.1 When it asks for password, leave the field blank. This should get you into the setup page.

Manual here: http://web.belkin.com/support/download/downloaddetails.asp?download=994〈=1

Edit: Check that dhcp is enabled and working. Although I'm notsure if the router lets you access the page from a wireless connection. If it doesn't plug the laptop to it with a cable

Okay, if you can get into your router's settings try resetting your router to factory settings? That usually does the trick.

Right, but make sure you have the connections username and password somewhere as the reset usually erases that too from the router.

Which actually made me think about a different solution: you could set the ip manually. Network connections -> right click on the wireless connection -> properties -> double click on TCP/IP -> Set the IP address as 192.168.2.53, subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 and gateway as 192.168.2.1. The dns server 192.168.2.1

Sinnal strength excellent. And how do i change channel? Thanks bogbas :D

Go into the wireless settings menu. You should see something similar to "Advanced Configuration Options" (I dont have this router so just guessing)

You should be able go go into these advanced config. options and change the "Default Channel" for your wireless signal to be broadcast on.

Sinnal strength excellent. And how do i change channel? Thanks bogbas :D

Yes strength is, but what about quality? If the signal strength is too great (the antennae are too close to each other) it might cause saturation. And conzer16 already said how the channel can be changed.

And also check that the pc is not in access point mode. There's usually an option on the utility program for the wireless adapter to that.