NEurope
Dante

Sonic Wild Fire gets an official title

Sonic Wild Fire is now officially known as "Sonic and the Secret Rings". The new title is perhaps a little overly descriptive, but it's not bad. Sega is playing up the Arabian Nights theme with the game, so the new title seems in line with that.

Sonic and the Secret Rings is due out in early 2007.

GA

fair enough, wonder if each 'chpater' has a different arabian nights themed story hmmmmm

Old title sounded better. Still not gonna get it, 3D Sonic games suck. Real bad. Bring back the 2D when they were playable.

I used to like sonic games when I was like 12, but I recently bought a Megadrive and Sonic 1, 2 and 3, and I don't really like them much, all other games I liked from that era retain their playability (shinobi, streets of rage etc).

Not a sonic fan, but 2D mario always kicked ass.

I liked the old name why did they have to change it and I am still geting it

I liked the old name why did they have to change it and I am still geting it

Because they can :p

Old title sounded better. Still not gonna get it, 3D Sonic games suck. Real bad. Bring back the 2D when they were playable.

:shock: haven't you read the previews? it plays much like the original games, unlike the atrocious 3D games. it's taking sonic back to his roots.

looking forward to it, but preferred the original name, suited the speed of the game better i think.

Oh God sonic and the secret rings.Teh excitment!i wonder what is so secret about these rings!?:D

That sounds pretty lame, I liked the old one a lot better - it sounded more exciting than secret rings.

But maybe that's a marketing trick to attract chavs "Rings?!" *bling* *bling*

I just saw this on spilzonen.dk, it's a list of SEGA games to be shown at Games Convention in Lepizig:

Medieval II: Total War (PC)

Sonic The Hedgehog (Xbox 360, PS3)

Sonic and the Secret Rings (Nintendo Wii)

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (Nintendo Wii)

Virtua Tennis 3 (Xbox 360, PS3)

SEGA Rally (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

Yakuza (PS2)

Phantasy Star Universe (PS2, PC, Xbox 360)

Full Auto 2: Battlelines (PS3)

Charlotte's Web (PC, GBA, Nintendo DS)

Sonic Rivals (PSP)

I just saw this on spilzonen.dk, it's a list of SEGA games to be shown at Games Convention in Lepizig:

Medieval II: Total War (PC)

Sonic The Hedgehog (Xbox 360, PS3)

Sonic and the Secret Rings (Nintendo Wii)

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (Nintendo Wii)

Virtua Tennis 3 (Xbox 360, PS3)

SEGA Rally (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)

Yakuza (PS2)

Phantasy Star Universe (PS2, PC, Xbox 360)

Full Auto 2: Battlelines (PS3)

Charlotte's Web (PC, GBA, Nintendo DS)

Sonic Rivals (PSP)

two Wii games against four ps3 and 360 games :nono:

two Wii games against four ps3 and 360 games :nono:

Yeah, Sega's becoming a traitorous asshole. Honestly, I always joined sega for the ride and now they're fucking me over by switching from nintendo to other platforms.

I believe we've seen this before *Cough* Square.

Ouch, calm down guys. Sega have been very vocal in their support for the Wii - even telling other third-parties to get their act together. The Wii is a very different machine to develop for than the PC, PS3 and 360. Would you rather Sega were bringing out 6 games for the Wii with pointless use of the wiimote or 2 games that really show off its potential? I know which I'd pick.

maybe i used the wrong smillie lol. basically, i thot they were bringing out more games than that for Wii, that was all. i know they are supporting it fully, i guess i just got my memory of everything that's been released (news-wise) mixed up, really thought they were bringing out about the same for Wii as ps3 etc. oh well, it's early days :)