N-Europe

Australian Wii Preorder

Raven

how much was the gamecube when it was released in australia $299 or $399 ? i dont care to much about the console price as long as its under $400. its the games that hurt the wallet $100 for a game is just a bit much actualy anything over $80 is really pushing it.

If I remember correctly I bought my GC for $329 with a free game and a carry case oh and also an extra controller and memory card (all official). However I could just have the system price mixed up with the bundle which could have be like $389. I really cannot remember but certainly just for the console, it was not over $329, bundled or not. All of this is in AUD btw.

Games are generally $79 to $99 here for the GC and every other console.

If you talk to EB's or something, they aren't expecting a lower price than $400 in Australia. Some places are taking pre-orders and are saying between $400 and $500. I mentioned that Nintendo said that the machine would not go above $250 USD which is like $306 AUD and they just say that there are different taxes etc. So really and perhaps a bit unfortunate and also something I really don't care too much about like the other poster. I don't care how much (within reason), I just want it! :o)

I talked to two EB's by the way and the first lady said to me that not over the $250 USD is not what she has heard, meaning of course that it will be higher than this when converted to AUD (ie higher than $306 AUD). Also the other guy at the next EB's gave me the taxes run down and had heard previously about the not over $250 USD part and the first non EB's store one taking pre-orders and saying between $400 and $500, surely they cannot take $400 or $500 off everyone and then have to give back all of these refunds on the night of release. I am sure it will not be $500, but I am picking up signals that it is certaily going to be over $400. Even if they get heaps of people paying $400 and release it as $399, giving $1 back to each person would have to be a pain in the butt so you would think they would add that $1 to the price anyway. Also EB's said they will not bundle it with anything yet until they see what other stores do and then as they do, beat them on prices/deals. They will have that silly, trade your Cube with 10 games for $100 off the launch price, but nothing else at the moment. Also they will not open at midnight here (in Canberra) unless the pre-orders are worth doing so.

Oh yeah and here at EB's or any other store, no mention of any of the upcoming consoles, not even PS3. Like I mean any banners etc.

Sorry for the rant.

Kellet, I would be surprised if it isn't released in Aus this year. I am 99.9% sure it will be.

________

silversurfer reviews

Edited by NintendoDS

i agree with nintendods.

99% sure of it being out in aus this year. and and and, i reckon it wont go over $400.

as ive said before, EB WILL match any other deal. so seeing as toysrus are doing a free launch title bundle. EB by default will as well.

for this, $400 aint too bad. consider the game to be $70 (think of it as a low-end game like wii-sports), and then basically the console is $330. which is cool! and while im at it, the glass is half full!

wow, my EB has that too, (below PS3 ofcourse) they also have lotsof DS lite ads., however, they dont sell cube games anymore. I've seen the pre-order brochures etc.( i live in Aus) but ill be getting mine from a launch party. Another pre-order deal is from a store called Gametraders. They suck quite a bit, but they are offering to "give the best deal" and delivering the Wii on launch day.