N-Europe

Nike + iPod Sport Kit

CVD

nike-kit-box-1.jpg

nike-kit-box-2.jpg

1.jpg

Bought one of these kits today for £19 (not the shoes, just the iPod attatchment and wireless transmitter), they seem pretty nice and will definitly encourage me to go out running more (I already do around once a week).

Basically, the little sensor can tell you how long you've been running, how far you've ran, how many calories you've burned. It then uploads all the details onto iTunes and nikeplus.com for you to view and compare with previous workouts. Review here

The bad news? It doesn't work with my 30GB U2 iPod, or any other iPod, therefore I need to purchase a 1GB iPod Nano for an additional £100 and possibly the shoes for £65.

Awesome, but costly.

Colin, don't buy a Nano yet!

Balfron said he haggled one down (1GB version) to £40 in China and I'm sure if you ask me to ask him nicely he would bring one back for you and hide it from customs for you too.

If you are absolute certain it's a genuine 1GB iPod Nano then I'll gladly pay £40 for one. Hell, I'd give you the cash in person.

Let me know.

I spoke to him this morning, he said he was sure it was a real one. He might not be able to get it down to £40 again though, maybe a bit more.

Shall I tell him you defintely want one? Max price?

Also, he doesn't get back until September so you wont be able to get it until then.

Nice find AeroScap, all I need now is a hack to let me use my 30GB iPod work with this.

Moria: Tell Peter just to leave it for now, I'll wait and see if Apple change their stance on this. But I'll let you know nearer September if I still need one. Thanks for your help anyway mate.