NEurope
Zygo Ape

Gamecube "Essentials"

-eternal darkness

-smash bros melee

-tales of symphonia.

this is really difficult picking 3.

Me thinks we should do it via genre, so it's open to everyone for is a fan of different genres. This way it can help people who say are fans of RPGs and not FPSs. So you could do essentials genre wise as that way you get different games, not just endless Metroid Primes. Anywho just my thoughts, take it or leave it.

RPG

Tales Of Symphonia

Action

Resident Evil 4

Beat Em Up

Soul Calibur 2

Me thinks we should do it via genre, so it's open to everyone for is a fan of different genres. This way it can help people who say are fans of RPGs and not FPSs. So you could do essentials genre wise as that way you get different games, not just endless Metroid Primes. Anywho just my thoughts, take it or leave it.

RPG

Tales Of Symphonia

Action

Resident Evil 4

Beat Em Up

Soul Calibur 2

Yeah, good idea. Maybe we could have a thread stickied, then we could have a vote for your favourite in each genre, then list the top one of each genre with a runner up. Probably too much hassle, but only throwing ideas around.

Wow nice response guys well done, ill compile a list of all games mentioned and maybe we could use this list and adopt the idea mentioned a couple of posts back? What do you reckon?

My list(No special order):

Hitman 2:

The Cube has WAY too few good actiongames. Hitman 2 has the graphics, the controlls... EVERYTHING. Only flaw is the fact that there are so few missions...

Beach Spikers:

The best sportsgame ever in my opinion. Smooth graphics that whups DOA's ass, soft controlls... only the camera's a bit annoying from time to time...

Resident Evil 4:

RE finally gets acceptable aiming. The Graphics are on a level of their own. Unfortunatelly, it lacks a lot of stuff the PS2 and XB versions have:(

Metroid: Prime:

Samus Aran returns in this frantic FPS. Looks stunning, great fun to play, long lasting challenge... But the lockon controlls arent very good. I'd preffer it being regular FPS controlls instead...

MGS: TS:

Well, the surroundings arent as much improved as I'd want them to be, as many are the PSOne original backdrops with hi-res textures. There have been some features added from MGS2, the cutscenes have been revamped... and it's the first MGS-game to reach a Nintendo console.

Soul Calibur 2:

A Nintendo console finally gets a good brawler (appart from the SSB games). This game has a great story mode, which means it'll last longer than the arcade mode. And then it has more modes than you can imagine... Takes ages to beat. Allso has a realistic Link in it. Can't wait for SC4 for the Wii!

I'm really struggling to pick 3, but for the moment I'll go with:

Smash Bros. Melee

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat

Killer 7

I could easily add 20 more essential games to this list..

Edit: Animal Crossing, F-Zero GX, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Metroid Prime, Mr. Driller: Drill Land, Pac-Man Vs., Paper Mario 2, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, P.N.03, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball, Tales of Symphonia, Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2, Wario Ware, Zelda: Four Swords, Zelda: OoT Master Quest, Zelda: Wind Waker

Told you :)