NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
That Guy

PC World repairs

Has anyone had any dealings with the PC World repairs service? I bought a PC in Dec 03, and it worked well enough for the first 18 months but since then it's been crashing and randomly restarting many times everyday.

I was all set to buy a new one when I discovered today that it's still under cover from the extra I paid. I was just wondering how likely it is that it'll actually be fixed. Also theres cracks in the front, so do you think that will affect them coming out to fix it?

It's probably a faulty piece of hardware, so i guess they'll ask you to pay for a new part, unless that's also covered.

My experiences with PC world repairs have been terrible, unless its still under warranty aviod. There's a sign saying no physical abuse to stay will be torrelated which gives you an idea of how there customers must feel about the service. Though this may be just for the store that i used.

PC world is awful. You should only go there if you're planning to burn it down. With a bazooka. If you need repairs, you're better off taking it to an independent computer repair business, where the possibility of finding someone who actually knows how to fix a computer actually exsists.

I have, they're quite good although a bit expensive but it think it really depends on who's serving you becasue i've had a time there when they kept telling me a pc that was under garuntee was ok until i phoned that manufacturers to come out and check all the faults and got pc world to pay the bill. But any other time i've went they've been fine, i had a bad time with a rogue trader so now if somethings seriously wrong i just take it to pc world.

The rogue trader i took it to was an independant trader and he told me it was the hard drive over heating and told said i'd have to buy a new one after wiping all my data without telling me, i took it to pc world and they said it was only ram, changed it, upgraded it for me and now it works fine.

Sign in to follow this