NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

Day of Defeat source!

its out, oh yeah

HDR, not what it cracks up to be, makes the game look odd, but hey thats just me

Call of Duty 2 demo is also out!

Test your pc to see how it runs as this will also be on X360. Not as intensive as BF2 apparently but certain driver versions/types are causing issues.

its out, oh yeah

HDR, not what it cracks up to be, makes the game look odd, but hey thats just me

DOD uses HDR? Never knew that. I thought HDR demo was seperate (lost island) and would be out later.

Far Cry has excellent use of HDR as do afew other games.

i get it. HDR is there but different from Far Cry's. This is apparently less taxing on hardware and done well. Alot of people like it but it seems to have a more gimmicky use here. Cool though.

Love the HDR in Dod:Source, the new grenades are a nice addition and all they need to add is the british team.

Man I can't even play CS: Source right now since I was demoted back to dial up, and I'm itching for it. Now I want this too.

I would give you both my legs in exchange for a device that had the capacity to play this game.

I would give you both my legs in exchange for a device had the capacity to play this game.

Your pc must be REALLY old. Source scales really well to old pc's so thats surprising. You lose the eye candy however. Get a new pc but not from Dell :wink:

Your pc must be REALLY old. Source scales really well to old pc's so thats surprising. You lose the eye candy however. Get a new pc but not from Dell :wink:

Not all of us can afford a new PC and a PS3 that is going to be too expensive for most households.

Man I can't even play CS: Source right now since I was demoted back to dial up, and I'm itching for it. Now I want this too.

I ahve a couple of mates whop play cs on a 56k, as long as your pc is good, or you turn the graphics in the ingame options down, there shouldn't be a problem, yo can gte a ping of about 130-180 which means not much lag, you just have to find the right server, try sd, theres is fast, um i can put an ip up if your intrested (it's nothing to do with me, i just play on it).

I ahve a couple of mates whop play cs on a 56k, as long as your pc is good, or you turn the graphics in the ingame options down, there shouldn't be a problem, yo can gte a ping of about 130-180 which means not much lag, you just have to find the right server, try sd, theres is fast, um i can put an ip up if your intrested (it's nothing to do with me, i just play on it).

I was on 56k for a while, I have a decent card and a fast PC, but I hate a ping over 100 now that I've been on 2MB I don't want to go back. Not only that but I have had to install the game again and the update would take hoursandhoursandhours.

I was on 56k for a while, I have a decent card and a fast PC, but I hate a ping over 100 now that I've been on 2MB I don't want to go back. Not only that but I have had to install the game again and the update would take hoursandhoursandhours.

Very ture, the 2 people i now who play over a 56k both downloaded all the upades, it took them ages, one of them would leave his pc on over night, just to get it updated, lol.

I played it on the first night it came back (then my connection died for 3 days...) i love it. Its so much fun, and its called Lost Coast not Lost Island. The HDR works really well. I can run everything maxed out apart from the AA which is now down to a poor 2X and i get 90-60fps. :)

Sign in to follow this