N-Europe

Cellien Studios Pledges Support for Wii

ShadowV7

US-based Cellien Studios announced it will dedicate a number of projects to Nintendo consoles, including Wii.

Currently, Cellien Studios is working on Terra: Formations, a Massively-Multiplayer Online game for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The company also has original DS projects in the works, and is doing contract work on the Game Boy Advance for various publishers and developers. In addition, Cellien Studios has begun negotiations with publishers in which the developer will be contracted to update existing Game Boy Color titles for the Game Boy Advance, as well as port Nintendo GameCube titles onto Wii.

Cellien Studios has not announced any titles in specific for Nintendo's next-generation console.

Cellien Studios, founded in July 2004 by Blake Lowry and Matthew Sanders, is the US branch of Ireland's StarCave Studios, a multi-platform computer games developer for PC / Mac / Linux / Mobile & Consoles. StarCave also operates two other branches aside from Cellien, those being Staridia (Brazil) and Single Cell (Australia).

Thanks to TheWiire.com

Even though there are ports ,still good news to see support for the Wii from other developers.

As they've only worked on one game so far (according to IGN) and they've not got a great deal of experience/credentials i'm not going to take them that seriously.

It's 'just another game' to me at this point.. and seeing as they're coming from a MMORPG background that makes me feel less enthusiastic that they will bring anything original to the console.

I was reading somewhere that a port can take 2 guys a weekend to do if all goes to plan smoothly.. I'll gladly listen up but if it's just another movie tie in or comic book game i'm not interested.

Port Gamecube titles to Wii? They don't need to do anything!

Just stick the disc in the front of the machine? Doesn't take me and a friend a whole weekend!

Yea that bit kinda got me aswell.Is it really that much bother for a port just to add Wii controls? Oh well :heh: