NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Xbox Dashboard Update Confirmed - Download Manager Coming

[Found on Maxconsole.net]We got confirmation from Boris Schneider-Johne (Senior Product Manager Xbox Platform and Accessories, Microsoft Germany) that a huge Dashboard Update will arrive at the end of may! It will feature a download manager for 6 parallel downloads in the background. He also mentions that there will be a lot more features in there but it will be a surprise and he won’t talk about it! The downloads will also running while a game is played.

The user marks a file to download and it will be put in an active queue

downloadlist. There are 6 slots reserved in that queue. They will be

downladed sequentially not in parallel! If the Xbox360 sees there is

bandwith available it will boost the download speed up, if there. During

Online Sessions the downloads will be paused to garantee no lags. It’s also possible to turn off the console, after powering it back on the downloads will resume. When a download finishes the user will get a message that it has been downloaded.

The bandwidth managment looks like to be for lag free chats in the dashboard or some other features which will be implemented additionally, i think so cause during online sessions it will be paused anyway as he mentions in hisresponse to my questions. [/Found on Maxconsole.net]

Really good news. Hope it comes soon. I know I have a lot of use for it.

i was actually hoping this would come, waiting a couple of hours, with the tv on standby, for a download to finish was wasting a bit of electricity, and we dont have the moey to spend it on not using it. im glad theyre doing this.

i want to know what the other stuff are.

Yeah I think it will come out this time

I was expecting it to be announced at E3 on the free week thing Microsoft were doing

I'm still not buying into it.

When I see it I'll believe it.

I'm still not buying into it.

When I see it I'll believe it.

And I thought I was cynical.

Yeah, but where is the chat room? They had one on the original Xbox, surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put one on the 360.

Yeah, but where is the chat room? They had one on the original Xbox, surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put one on the 360.

Already there.

:bouncy:

I mean a chat room that supports more than 2 people and is accessible directly from the dashboard, seems a bit silly to me that there isn't one there yet.

I mean a chat room that supports more than 2 people and is accessible directly from the dashboard, seems a bit silly to me that there isn't one there yet.

Yes there is, 360s chat function supports more than 2 people.

Mine does anyway, if yours doesn't there must be something wrong with your 360.

Yes there is, 360s chat function supports more than 2 people.

Mine does anyway, if yours doesn't there must be something wrong with your 360.

No, it has multiple chat channels, where you can talk to up to four different people but not simultaneously.

No, it has multiple chat channels, where you can talk to up to four different people but not simultaneously.

Yeah its annoying that it doesnt support many people in the same conversation, its one thing that I would really like sorted out.

Sign in to follow this