NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
goku21

3D...one more time...

this is not the secret but this patent is cool information in general...

explains why you often get headache by watching s3d...

discribes many low-cost approaches to s3d and/or hidden splitscreen for multiplayer...

http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=nintendo&s2=holographic&OS=nintendo+AND+holographic&RS=nintendo+AND+holographic

this patent is from 2001 and this fits the statement that came up with "brokensaints" guy that nintendo presented an addon for gamecube beheind closed doors in 2002

It's far too close to warrant speculating any more. Everyone go get a cup of tea and relax watching the time go by quicker.

I think the health and safety risks involved with screwing with peoples eyes is just a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

I just don't think there will be any weird techs like this.

Got my friend to play on my Virtual Boy yesterday. Response:

"Awesome! But ow..."

I with Nintendork, it's just too far off. Plus not exactly a blue ocean friendly is it? If you had a headset it would be bigger than the console! The only thing I could wish for would be projected images but that ain't gonna happen, I think.

Does anyone think that the 3rd secret is really something to do with the output?

From everything we "know" about the system specs it is highly improbable that the output is anything more than progressive scan at regular SDTV resolution. 3D would require at least 2X as many pixels (or a significant resolution downgrade- not likely) and the RAM and graphics card information that is floating around the web just doesn't really support that idea.

Check this thread posted in Gamespot Forums, System Wars:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24590012

Check the links posted by the first replier:

http://www.xgaming.com/newsletter/2006/Wii%20view_3d_with_naked_eye_b.jpg

http://www.xgaming.com/newsletter/2006/Wii%203_d_autostereoscopic_d1.jpg

http://www.xgaming.com/newsletter/2006/Wii%20comp_heart.jpg

If there should be anything 3D, it should be like this, not with glasses, glasses only are good to turn your eyes backwards.

But now, get your mind back to the old controller trailer, from TGS last September. There are two (at least) games there that can actually be suggesting some sort of 3D holographic output device.... Namely, the dentist one, and the one where the 3 girls are killing flies, or whatever. A game about killing flies, the way they move their eyes, etc, it suggests a 3D environment.

Now, of course it's just a trailer, a marketing move, but who knows?

I'm not putting any money on this, it's just something that hit me now as i rewatched the trailer, which I hadn't seen in a few months. The killing flies thing made me think about it...

Also, notice that no one in that trailer is wearing any type of goggles.

From everything we "know" about the system specs it is highly improbable that the output is anything more than progressive scan at regular SDTV resolution. 3D would require at least 2X as many pixels (or a significant resolution downgrade- not likely) and the RAM and graphics card information that is floating around the web just doesn't really support that idea.

if you´ve read the patent I posted you wouldn´t say that!!!

Hmmm.... about my post here above... of course the cooking game presented in the trailer kills all or most of my speculation, cause the guy doing the cutting is looking straight ahead (to a TV, I suppose) and not to what he is supposedly cutting....

Pfft theres no need for any of that! The other day I got ston... I mean... I don't smoke... AND OMG, I WAS WATCHING TV!!! AND IT WAS 3D!!!!

Being stoned and playing Wii... I dunno, you might just break your TV... but it sure as hell would be fun and get you more into it! Just don't play any cooking games... Its just too tempting!

Check this thread posted in Gamespot Forums, System Wars:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24590012

woah this is really interesting:

A current problem with the prior art force feedback interfaces is that force sensations output by the devices are often predefined, "canned"-sensations that are simply output by the interface device when instructed by the host computer. For example, a jolt force may be output by the actuators of the force feedback device in response to an event occurring in a game, such as a collision of a controlled vehicle with an obstacle such as a wall. The prior art force feedback devices simply output a jolt force in a specified direction having a predetermined duration and magnitude. While effective to relay the collision experience to some extent, this jolt may also be unsatisfying for the user, since the user has no way to affect the jolt based on the user's input during the jolt's duration. For example, the user cannot, in anticipation of the collision, cushion the jolt caused by the impact by moving the joystick in the same direction as the jolt or moving the joystick in other ways.

and this one:

Multiple different types of dynamic force sensations are implemented by adjusting the parameters defining the simulated physical system. Predefined commands and parameters initiate a Dynamic Recoil to cause the physical system to simulate a recoil of a weapon fired in the graphical environment, a Dynamic Impact to simulate an impact of an object with a user-controlled object in the graphical environment, a Dynamic Liquid causing the physical system to simulate an undulating liquid in which the graphical object is situated which exerts forces on the user object, a Dynamic Inertia for implementing a simulated weight of a graphical object manipulated by the user object in the graphical environment, a Dynamic Center Drift to simulate a drifting mass attached to the user object, a Dynamic Sling to simulate the feel of swinging a mass on a flexible member around the user object, and a Dynamic Paddle to simulate the feel of a mass colliding with a user controlled graphical object and guiding the mass after the collision. In all of these sensations, the user may influence the feel of the sensation during the dynamic sensation. The dynamic force routine may also report positions of the simulated mass to the host computer during the dynamic force sensation.

now thats what i want, real forcefeed back and i think they could pull that off, something like that could add a bit to gameplay epecialy in shooters instead of this vibrating action you could actualy feel the recoil of the weapon instead of programing the recoil in to the game so you can get a natual recoil from the in game weapon.

now thats what i want, real forcefeed back and i think they could pull that off, something like that could add a bit to gameplay epecialy in shooters instead of this vibrating action you could actualy feel the recoil of the weapon instead of programing the recoil in to the game so you can get a natual recoil from the in game weapon.

yeah that would save the programmers-lifetime and should be easy to implement...

that would be soooo cool, just think about your sitting in a boat and you feel the resistance of the water that pushes against your paddle... :bouncy:

But sqauare enix said: "It´s not just a homeconsole, yet a portable... it´s the birth of a new type of gamingdevice...exactly what we wanted."

this indicates that the wii will have a display-system by itself (mini-projector?)

2 days 6 hours 30 min > nintendo press conference

What is this 'real' force feedback business? It is impossible for me to swing the remote as a lightsaber and the remote stop me in my swing when it hits another lithgsaber in-game!! That is what people are saying right? That it can actually move your arm? Okay, a more forceful rumble or shock or whatever, but it simply cant be 'that' strong!

I'd just realised something that proves the projector idea wrong. The TGS video showed people playing the Wii but looking at the TV, because the camera was where the TV was supposed to be and I think we got a glimpse of the TV too. I'm sure Nintendo haven't redesigned all their games to fit a projector.

Let's be a little realistic here. Real force feedback is impossible. If it were possible, the controller would be able to FLY !! Now how likely is that?

Let's be a little realistic here. Real force feedback is impossible. If it were possible, the controller would be able to FLY !! Now how likely is that?

never used a powerball?

never used a powerball?

No. Heard of it though. So tell me, when you drop it, does it fall?

no but it has the power to push your arm into a direction...but the patent is not just about gyros...

It just simulates a force. It's quite doable.

ex. A Boat game where you use the wiimote as a paddle. When rowing the Wiimote gives you a greater force feed back when pushing against the water.

It will not have the power to stop your hand or acctualy move it. But It's a hole new experience compared to standard vibration

Sign in to follow this