NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

The 2006 GCSE Thread

What are the grades do you need to get into 6th Form? At mine it's only 5 A*-C's. If you were at my school you'd practically be a cert for 6th Form.

8 Bs, or the equivalent. So you can get 2 As Cs and 6Bs or any other equivalent.

Yeah thats shockingly high. 5 A*-Cs here too.

Oh and on the subject, my predictions:

English Lit - B

English Lang - B

ICT - A

Maths - B

Graphics - D

PEM - A

Business Studies - C

French - C

Science - B

RECBV - C

Physical Education

Citizenship and Beliefs (half GCSE that's compulsary)

Might aswell join in, its 5 a*-C's like everyone else toget into college here. Im never too sure about stuff so here goes;

English Lang- A/B

Lit- B

Science- B

Maths- C/D

RE- B/C

Spanish- B/C

Electronics- C

Art- C

IT- A

jujding by how i did in the exams, and being told i probably wont get a B in Art, think thats how i did. hopefully, when the time comes, i will be wrong and have gotten quite a few higher grades than i had thought.

Hmm, if everyone else is doing it...

Art - D/E (not actually done all that much coursework)

French - C/B (maybe?)

Music - B

English Lit - D/C

English Language - D/C

Graphics - A

Science Double Award - BB (AA if the examiners like my coursework)

Maths - A (already got it, took it last year)

Statistics - A

IT - A

This is what i'm expecting to get.

I'm basically guaranteed my place in 6th form if i can get a C or above in one of the englishes... though that is looking unlikely >_<

Chemistry went okay, being my hardest Science I knew I'd never do brilliant, but it could of been a lot worse.

For anyone also doing Business, like Laguna, what do we need to know for each exam?

One is called 'Problem Solving' which I have tommorow and the other that I have on Tuesday 'Prospectives'

My teacher is shocking and when we asked her what to revise for each one she said she didn't know! Argh.

By the way I'm doing Edexcel.

Chemistry annoyed me a lot! I hadn't revised for most of the stuff that was in the exam. Out of a total of 66 marks the most I can get will be 30.

Anyway, I got a letter about a Leaver's Assembly in two weeks, to take pictures and sign each other's shirts. Deffo going, and might post pictures of fit girls here. Then again, might not.

Also, the prom is coming soon. And I'm not going as I couldn't get a ticket. I'm really unhappy about this, but if I get into sixth form I'll try the sixth form prom in 2 years.

This time tuesday all exams will be over for me and no more crappy high school life and subjects ever again YES

No more exams for moi. Had my final, DT Electronics exam, it wnt ok, the only question, which i didnt know and how the hel are you meant to know wto revise for it, was about Vacuum Formin. didnt answer that, but i answere everythign else, so i hope i did well.

ther was 7 questions but the paper was worth 166 marks (i think, it was over 100) which i think its bloody crazy

Business studies... why ever did i take it... anyway im taking OCR, and thats a pretty easy exam board, its split into a core paper and a choice of extention papers (im doing a marketing paper). Aint revised much but i know most of the stuff anyway... its common sense.

I might as well join in with the predictions....

Maths A*

Stats A*

English A

English Lit A

Biology A*

Chemistry A*

Physics A*

German A*

History A*

Music A/B

Business A

RS A/a*

And hav already got an A in ICT.

Lol me are very good at stuff innet... if anyones having trouble with any subjects/revision etc im here to help :D.

I do not know why in fuck's name I took History! I got so stuck, bored and fed up I made a reference to the 1934 & 1938 FIFA World Cups in one question.

I just had the 1st business & economics paper. I found it pretty damm hard, there wasn't enough time! And then there was the last question that was 30 marks and I couldn't think of more than a paragraph to write for it.Arghhhh..

Hopefully my A* and A in the two courseworks should save me :hmm:

It was just question after question bloody rising prices of oil.

I just had my business studies core paper (ocr) and i was worried cause all ive done this year in business studies is play DS and listen to my ipod, but i found it rather easy... i might actually be on to an a*!

I did next to total shit at physics. I finished all the questions in 20 minutes and spent the last 50 minutes thinking about how I could make a website telling the Yanks about the UK.

How funny, had Physics and French writing today, both of which I've probably revised the least for out of everything yet I found them a lot easier than the rest.

WOOO pretty much all over except Business paper 2 on Tuesday but it already feels like i've broken up anyway as its only 1 exam :D

Ah life feels good again

I still have 6 more exams to go :(... physics was really easy though, they even told you the equations!

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that employers only really care about how many GCSE's you have rather than the exact grades. This is completely true, and in some cases employers only really care about whether you have your English and your Maths. Of course you should set your sites high, but once you go on to do you’re A levels, and maybe a degree, your GCSE's are completely overlooked. Once you get you’re A levels, standard CV's do not require that you list your grades for your GCSE's, but require that you say how many you have. It is only at A level that the CV's require you to list your grades, and for your degree every subject should be listed with the percentage attained. The higher your qualification, the more details the employer wants to see. If you are moving on the higher education, GCSE's can be seen as an entry point, and you will already know what you want to achieve. It is only when you enter college that you should really start working hard, especially if you have plans to go to universities. Remember, A levels get you into university and not GCSE’s. It is only the great universities that will look at your whole academic picture.

That's not particularly hard, at my school you need at least 5 A's to be accepted back into the 6th form, which ain't very hard, cause GCSE's are teh piss.

5 A's? Thats a bit steep, even if they are teh piss... the top top unis (oxbridge) sometimes even look at what marks you get at gcse. But mostly a lot of people wont give if a shit whether you got an A in RS Short course, A levels are whats important.

Okay, I am quite happy and unhappy at the moment. I've done my final exam (Drama) and the next time I go back to school will be next Wednesday for a Leaver's Assembly, which will be the end, basically. Of my compulsory school life. That's why I'm unhappy.

But I'm happy because I've done my last exam, and on the way to the train station I had a chat with a mate about Resident Evil 5. I then told him about the Wii, which he didn't know about, but he liked the sound of the motion sensor controller and "Wii Drumming". That was a nice chinwag.

Final exam tommorow (2nd business paper) it already feels like I've broken up and thus have threated the weekend and today like the summer and keep forgetting I have an exam tommorow.

Sign in to follow this