NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowV7

Tecmo Golf Title Going Offline

In the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, Tecmo Producer Keisuke Kikuchi disclosed a few details about Skatto Golf Pangya Revolution (working title), the company's first game for Nintendo's next-generation console, code-named Revolution.

According to Kikuchi - who is known for his work on the Fatal Frame series - Tecmo is approaching the Revolution title as an original outing rather than a direct port of the PC version. The team's goals with Skatto Golf Pangya Revolution is to create enjoyment from moving the controller to play the game, provide a better defined world over the PC version, and allow players freedom in time dedication to extend replayability.

Tecmo is also planning new content for the Revolution version in the form of multiple characters with individual storylines and costumes, among other things.

Regarding control schemes, players will enjoy moving their bodies to play the game, according to Kikuchi. In addition to utilizing the motion-sensing capabilities of the Revolution controller, a fully button-based input system will be employed for precise controls.

Kikuchi also revealed to Famitsu that although an extensive online component helped define the PC title's MMO (massively-multiplayer online) status, the Revolution version will be mostly an offline affair, with downloable content being considered. Though the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection may be employed in some capacity for the game, the development team seems focused on scaling back the online aspect to form a balance with the single player.

Skatto Golf Pangya Revolution is currently a Japan-only title set to release on Revolution later this year. Tecmo has not stated if the game would be shown at E3 in May.

Shame it's offline but the downloadable content sound's good.

approaching the Revolution title as an original outing rather than a direct port of the PC version.
I don't believe a word of that.

Golf is golf, end of the day online play would be very nice.. but I've played Links and Tiger Woods on 'live' and it's nothing to get excited about.

If anything by concentrating on the single player they're doing any golf game fan (in the minority i'd expect) a favour. Financially I don't think the market is there to warrant a fully fledged WiFi service.

Downloadable content? Meh.. this is a highly over-rated feature.. for example Oblivion had those horses that cost a few quid last week, or horse armour or whatever. Load of bolox.

If you get new courses, then fair enough but they shouldn't need to cut corners and offer downloadable content just because they haven't finished the game (rushed for launch perhaps). Most certainly they can't consider charging for this content.

Not an inspiring move Tecmo, I admire your honesty though.

Meh, online play not there? Oh well, i'm not a big fan of golf, but with a control system like this i think i have to..

I'll laugh so hard if you can do your own custom celebrations in real time with your golf club..

I would be all like 'da da da ta da ta dum de daaarr!' swinging it around like Cloud Strife. Booyeah.

Heh ,taht would be cool if you could do that.I'm not that bothered by this.Not a huge golf fan.

The game will still be fun even with out online play. But it would be cool to have it. I think the control set up will make up for it.

Neither online multiplayer nor golf games are particularly interesting to me so I'm not at all worried about this news, however it does worry me slightly that its been pulled - Why would they pull it, I can't see how it would be particularly difficult to implement which suggests to me that Nintendo aren't doing a good job with getting their online set-up working (for games, not downloadable content) I could well be wrong, and I hope I am because I know how big a pull online multiplayer is to people but I wouldn't bet against it. Of course it could boil down to something as simple as them not having the time to implement it because they're working on other projects and want to get something out for Revo launch without too much effort.

The only thing that disturbs me is that it´s only released in japan.

But the 2nd or 3rd Golfgame releasing on rev will be a better simulation anyways....

I like Golf! I just go playing @ the university, and I´m not even a student there!!! No professor ever asked me who I am or what courses if chosen, it´s so easy....hahaha

I'm not big fan of golf. But this game got me all hyped becouse of it's FF -like graphics and especially the internet part sounded good to me. And now it's GONE !

I don't want to play single player, I want good game sessions with my friends around the world. WHY OH WHY ?!

Booooo...

My younger brother and cousins plays Pangya. Online was one of its important features. This game had better have at least offline multiplayer. Heck, I'd also like to see a miniature putting course (Pangya doesn't have that) since I don't see how people can swing while looking at the TV while I think putting allows for people to look at the TV monitor while they make putting motions that could be mirrored in the avatar's movements (like creating life size shadow puppets).

Sign in to follow this