N-Europe

Motion Sensor Also in Nunchuck Attachement?

Calibur

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah blah. Yes I am a child.. why do you need an extra port to connect multiple things.

It's pointless.. It isn't what Nintendo wants.

There wont be a specific standard protocol set up- Nintendo won't say "all FHC add-ons must use Z1, Z2 and the analogue stick because that defeats the point of having it.

One port, the developper designs the add-on and provides it at the lowest cost possible to the consumer. Hopefully in many cases offering the add-on with the game inclusive of the price.

Design the add-on later, the protocol handles it, routes inputs to the Wii system and it is handled from there.

This reply of yours totally threw me. It sounds like you are not disagreeing with me afterall.

I never said there will be multiple ports. I only said it's very likely that multiple peripherals would stem from the single port on Wiimote. You then suggested that it is stupid of me to think there will be more than 1 peripheral coming out of Wiimote, unless "I have 3 hands". Then I explained why it's reasonable to think the way I do.

Yet, this latest reply of yours seems to agree with what I've been saying all along. I'm confused.

If you explain to me a hypothetical situation where a developper might need this I'll gladly listen.. I'm sure you have something in your mind that is fueling this idea.

Anyone can come up with any idea for this one. The only requirement is that the idea reroutes the function of FHC buttons to the add-on. Or may be there are other ways to utilize my theory.

One example. Say, if you have a "handgun" attachment, which clings onto FHC and the male plug going into the FHC port. The handgun attachment would have a trigger like a normal pistol and it might even have a side button for secondary fire (like The House of The Dead or Time Crisis series arcade game). Those triggers are merely a redirection of FHC buttons, so pulling the trigger is no different from hitting the A button - except, having such attachments circumvents the discomfort or unrealism of the user interface designed for the game (the remote-control looking FHC may not be ideal. I'm using an arcade style handgun as one example here).

There would be a way to connect another device to it, eventhough the single port on FHC has already been used up by the gun attachment. Like a headgear, microphone or even Nunchuck itself may connect to it. How that is achieved depends on the way Nintendo implements the technology, and that I don't know, but it's unimportant to my earlier point. It might stem from a pass-through port on the gun attachment, or maybe a splitter might be connected directly to the FHC port to attach multiple devices.

I don't see why these specific details are relevant to my earlier point, as these details are secondary debate. I hope you won't nitpick on that and "branch out" from the original point (the reason why I wanted to avoid expanding on the specifics earlier, to avoid taking our eyes off the ball).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!