N-Europe

Revolution - The End??

solitanze

Will Revolution be Nintendos last home console you think? Not suggesting they'd be going broke or will stop making handheld units as well as that certainly won't happen, they have way too much money for that to even be a remote possibility, but could they just opt to be developing software titles instead of making consoles after the Revolution?

If they do continue to make home consoles, how will they surpass a name such as a revolution for their next console if its the final name of their current console as revolution is a rather "strong" word.

On a side note, Imagine a Nintendo/Microsoft collaboration for the next console, Nintenbox 720. Massive game library, catering for all audiences...

Guest Jordan

Nintendo said, that if it doesn't atleast sell as much as the GameCube it would be a failure. If this happens, then maybe just maybe they might stop and just concentrate on their handhelds.

Will Revolution be Nintendos last home console you think? Not suggesting they'd be going broke or will stop making handheld units as well as that certainly won't happen, they have way too much money for that to even be a remote possibility, but could they just opt to be developing software titles instead of making consoles after the Revolution?

If they do continue to make home consoles, how will they surpass a name such as a revolution for their next console if its the final name of their current console as revolution is a rather "strong" word.

On a side note, Imagine a Nintendo/Microsoft collaboration for the next console, Nintenbox 720. Massive game library, catering for all audiences...

Personally I think the Revo will be a turning point for Nintendo in the home console business. I dont expect it to do big things here in Europe but in Japan i think it is going to do great things for Nintendo just like the DS has.

We've had this stupid discussion many times. It most likely won't happen, Nintendo are making a profit, they aren't going anywhere soon. And even if it was to end up being the last console no-one knows now so why discuss it.

[lock]