N-Europe

Could Iron Chef come to Revolution?

djamb3

ironchef.jpg

It has been reported that Nintendo is creating a “Revolution Cooking Game” for its upcoming Nintendo Revolution. According to an IGN.com article (Source) it speaks about the game:

In an interview with Wired, EAD producer Hideki Konno confirmed that Nintendo had developed a Revolution title that revolved around the art of cooking. “We have this game with a big wok that you use to cook Chinese food, and it’s really interesting to have the meat and vegetables frying in there, and use the controller to flip the food around without it spilling out of the pan.” The official teaser trailer for the Revolution’s controller also showcased a sequence in which players appeared to be playing a cooking title. It is highly likely that the console will feature a wide assortment of new gameplay experiences, this being one of the very first.

What other way to tap into the “non-gamers” market then licensing this game with Food Network’s Iron Chef series (including Iron Chef America)? The popular television series has millions of Americans enjoy as they see the top chefs from around the world compete for the Iron Chef championship.

Food Network’s decription of the series is as follows:

Get ready for the seaweed and giant eels to start flying as Ultimate Fighting Champion meets Jacques Pepin in this Japanese-language hit. Each week, after the surprise ingredient is revealed, the challenger and the Iron Chef face off in a frenetic culinary battle. The guest panel judges the menus to determine who is victorious and who is vanquished. No matter whether the Iron Chef defends his title–you, the viewer, always win.

Nintendo could very well captilizing this title by advertising on daily soaps, talk shows and of course on the Food Network in the United States and Canada. At the same time not only would it have non-gamers interested, a WIFI compatible version of the game would even suit the casual gamer very well.

Although not much is known about the game at this time it would be suitable for Nintendo to release this game at launch so that while gamers speed for their favorite franchises, hardcore gamers buying their Red Steel’s, new gamers could be born.

at http://www.codenamerevolution.com/

Not a surprise but always good to listen:laughing:

I know this has been mentioned a good while ago but if this game actually taught you how to cook as well as letting you enjoy the art of cooking, it would be class!

I'm not saying that the game wouldn't be fun but I wouldn't buy it. However, if you actually ended up knowing how to make loads of dishes (in real life) after playing a game like this, then I would be much more inclinded to pick it up.

I know this has been mentioned a good while ago but if this game actually taught you how to cook as well as letting you enjoy the art of cooking, it would be class!

I'm not saying that the game wouldn't be fun but I wouldn't buy it. However, if you actually ended up knowing how to make loads of dishes (in real life) after playing a game like this, then I would be much more inclinded to pick it up.

Will do well with the students.. my only concern was that it would be dedicated to a mainly Eastern style.. nothing wrong with that, I love Eastern food but it's sometimes difficuilt to get the ingredients from the supermarket.

They're also not always authentic to what real asian people can get.

I'm a veggie and I know Japanese and Chinese culture is quite into meat and cooking, so I hope there is a veggie edition using tofu and alternatives.