NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Lillster

nintendo revolution online!

Yeah lazyboy had a great idea, just change the name to Wii, do a bit of work like moz la punk or 4cr, try to pick up the site with the commotion around the E3 like they did with the TGS, and focus HARD on the online features that Wii will offer.

PS. If you need an unexperienced php coder (only worked with asp), you can call me.

A hook you say? Well how about the fact that the Nintendo Wii is going to be the first (properly) online home Nintendo console. Do a little bit of research on P.C. and Xbox clan websites, or websites devoted to online games. You could set up tournaments and other crap like that. Maybe even review and report on games that appear on the virtual console? I don't know i'm just throwing out ideas here.

Yes, I also had that idea about reviewing virtual console games. If you look at the navigation menu, you will see that there is a Virtual Console link.

About the design;

Improvments definently need to be made, I may even buy a domain name.

That reminds me, can anybody tell me where I could buy a domain name (only the domain name itself/ no hosting) for a reasonable price? I've heard Domain Monger is good, and Godaddy. And what's a good place for hosting too?

The Forums definently need skinning, and i'll do that soon (when I can be arsed basicly ;) ).

The main reason why I am making this website, isn't because I want to make a super popular Nintendo website. But because I want to improve my skills in webdesign. I desperatly(sp?) need to learn a scripting language (I have php in mind atm).

So basicly the idea of this site is to improve my skills, but also have fun running a Nintendo site at the same time. So even if it does fail missrably, hopefully I will still learn from the experiance.

And Ash, sorry for advertising. - I'll try and make a decent ad banner for my signature and advertise that way.

And thanks for the critisism and compliments. :D

I definently need to get my ass into gear, but i'll do the best I can!

Cool, thanks for that.

Where do you get your hosting from though?

For excellent professional hosting I'm baised towards http://www.dreamhost.com - not cheap, but dependable and top quality.

For excellent professional hosting I'm baised towards http://www.dreamhost.com - not cheap, but dependable and top quality.

Yeh, cool!

Thanks for that.

I once brought a domain name and hosting for £50. And I got unlimited space and bandwidth!

UPDATE: I Have now changed the address to: http://wii.shanaproject.com

Also I have decided to call the site Wii Revolution Headquarters or WRH for short. If you don't like the name let me know!

Sign in to follow this