N-Europe

Gamecube digital cable

nicolasmasset

Hi,

I was thinking of buying a samsung tft monitor for my pc, but then I thought, hell, why not shell out for an lcd while I'm at it so I can connect other stuff to it aswell! Such as the gamecube of course.

Has anyone imported such cable and tested it on a digital tv? Plasma? Lcd? Is it worthy of the purchase? How does it compare when it's connected with an rgb cable?

The thought of finally getting those annoying jaggies completely out of the way with resi4 is enticing!

Cheers!

PS: Sorry admins, I know this thread already exists in the gamecube section, but nobody seems to reply on it, that's why I thought giving the tech talk a shot!

Hi,

I was thinking of buying a samsung tft monitor for my pc, but then I thought, hell, why not shell out for an lcd while I'm at it so I can connect other stuff to it aswell! Such as the gamecube of course.

Has anyone imported such cable and tested it on a digital tv? Plasma? Lcd? Is it worthy of the purchase? How does it compare when it's connected with an rgb cable?

The thought of finally getting those annoying jaggies completely out of the way with resi4 is enticing!

Cheers!

PS: Sorry admins, I know this thread already exists in the gamecube section, but nobody seems to reply on it, that's why I thought giving the tech talk a shot!

dont buy it, the digital cable linked to a LCD/CRT only works with progressive scan games, the PAL ones don't support it because in 2001 by the time Gamecube came out the standard still wasn't finished, so it's not supported, you'll only output image when running NTSC versions of the games, the colors are slighly worse than RGB mind you; when you're talking about this digital cables they'll only output NTSC... as we know NTSC is worse, color-wise than PAL, so there :p

wait for revolution who will support that (most likely links to a computer screen) or buy a VGA box, also mind you... LCD screens so far have worse colors than CRT counterparts and worse refresh rates... you might notice some bluring in the image quality and movement/animation.