NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Der_tolle_Emil

RGB Cable, which one?

Hi!

I bought a new TV last week. My old one was quite small but the picture quality was really good. Now the new one is a lot bigger (32") and there is an enormous difference watching DVDs via component scart and RGB or even YUV. That's when I decided to get a RGB cable for the gamecube too because the quality is so much better. I usually buy original Nintendo peripherals but the Nintendo RGB cable has no option to connect the sound to my stereo.

Does anyone of you own a RGB cable that you would recommend? Having the sound seperate is a must (or does the cube still output sound via the scart port even if a RGB cable is connected? I doubt it).

I was wondering this too. My Gamecube looks cringe-worthy on my new HD-TV, with the standard lead that came with it. I'd like a component(? is that right?) cable, but dont know what to get.

Yer resently i bought meself the official gamecube RGB cable, and on my reaseach i found that pal gamecubes don't output to s-video or even to my knowledge 480p or what not, using the digital out port (if you have a original cube as newest models don't have the digital) it's nice and confusing, i was also worried about not being able to plug in my speakers via the official RGB cable but i read also that the 3rd party ones do not compare to the official (something to do full 60hz mode or somthing) what i did in the end was to use my headphone socket on the front of my tv and plug my speakers via that (my speakers are pluged into a mixer and i pluged a third input via a jack lol works but thought i say that might help ya) good luck :D

Like I said in a previous thread concerning 480p GCs with the digital output have 480p, but PAL games don't.

I get great results with some RGB cables and terribles ones with others. I have two unofficial GAME ones and one looks great, another looks great with lines through everything. It's just a case of hit and miss I think. The official RGB cable will probably look nicer than anything else out there... but it's sadly a bit expensive when you can get a GAME one for about £2.

I ordered a Brooklyn RGB cable yesterday because it was just 9 euros. And I read some reviews stating the cable delivers quite good quality.

And yeah, my cube has a digital out too (I bought one on the very first day) and I know that PAL games do not support progressive scan but at least 60hz mode.

By the way: I do not know where this comes from, but you definetly do not need a RGB cable to use 60hz mode.

Hi!

I bought a new TV last week. My old one was quite small but the picture quality was really good. Now the new one is a lot bigger (32") and there is an enormous difference watching DVDs via component scart and RGB or even YUV. That's when I decided to get a RGB cable for the gamecube too because the quality is so much better. I usually buy original Nintendo peripherals but the Nintendo RGB cable has no option to connect the sound to my stereo.

Does anyone of you own a RGB cable that you would recommend? Having the sound seperate is a must (or does the cube still output sound via the scart port even if a RGB cable is connected? I doubt it).

The Nintendo RGB Scart cable outputs sound to TV just like all the other 3rd party RGB cables. They only differ from common composite cables by outputting a true RGB video signal.There is no difference in sound output.

Nintendo's just doesn't have a breakout box. If your new TV has phono output I'd suggest you use this to output sound to your stereo. That's how my setup is configured.

PS I'm using Venom RGB cable, this has a breakout box but I don't use it. Hooking up GC this way negates using additional cables. For video use my amp only requires input from the TV. The only exception to this rule is the Digital output from my DVD when viewing Dolby Digital/DTS movies.

Sign in to follow this