Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Learn Japanese together!

darkcloud

Smap. ^^;;

Well actually you would probably have to watch some of there concerts to really know how good they are.. =P

Nakai doing piece by piece is godly........ It's so funny..... Then again I've somehow become quite a big fan of smaps.... Mainly because they are involved in so much.... Music, drama's, tv shows, radio..... In Japan if you wanted to see smap on TV on any given day of the week you could do so with all the stuff they do. :-/

But yeah they are all funny and make cool songs..... And one of there members can't sing (Nakai).......

As for drama's I suggest first of all checking out Densha Otoko, Gokusen and Mukodono....... You kinda get a range of language from different groups of people from these shows......

Going back to the smap thing I've learned some Japanese from there random TV shows like SMAPxSMAP..... And there concerts, but, that's cause they shout out random one liners. lol

Music isn't the best way to learn Japanese though as they pronounce words differently to fit in with the song tune. =P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that music isn't the best way, thou interest in lyrics can't be harmful. The only ones I remember now are Utada Hikaru (sang FF10 theme if I'm not mistaken) and Morning Musume, which reminds me of musicals like Cats and Starlight Express (well, sort of).

Jpop is quirky, that much I can say. I love the way they tend to emphasize strong melodic tunes.

• 3 months later...

I have a question for those who are learning the language: what can I "expect" to learn in two years (a total of 240 hours) of Japanese lessons?

I've been thinking about signing up to a Japanese course in a local college for years now, and now that I was signing up I just found out the price has more than doubled from last year, so I'm still thinking if it's actually worth it.

I know the language is very hard to learn, so I was wondering if 2 years are enough to know the bare minimum in order to actually understand a decent amount of things about it...

You'll be between level 3 and 4 of the JLPT:

level 4- The examinee has mastered the basic elements of grammar, knows about 100 Kanji and 800 words, and has the ability to engage in simple conversation and to read and write short, simple sentences.

level 3- The examinee has mastered grammar to a limited level, knows about 300 Kanji and 1,500 words, and has the ability to take part in everyday conversation and to read and write simple sentences.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!